4 January 2024 (Thursday) - Before the Night Shift

Last night the “twin duvet theory” was a total failure as I shivered. I found myself wondering whatever happened to the sleeping bags.
I made toast and had a look at the Internet. Three friends were having a birthday today so I sent out the new birthday video. A friend posted to Facebook that his daughter was twenty today; he’s not seen her for about fifteen years since his ex-wife threw a wobbler and took herself and the children off to America. For all that there are laws against doing that sort of thing, the law would seem to be powerless with dealing with the situation once it has happened. Funny old thing, law.
There was a piccie of a Lego steam train that someone had made… well, not so much made as designed on some software package. Making virtual Lego models (as opposed to actual physical models) is now a hobby in itself apparently.
 
I got the dogs on to their leads in the living room this morning. I’ve discovered that in the living room leads just go on. Putting on leads in the hallway is chaos.
We drove up to the woods and I rolled my eyes as we pulled up. More and more people have taken to bagging their dog poo when the dogs download in the woods, and carrying it back to the car park where they then leave the poo bags on a little bank rather than walking a further twenty yards to the poo bin.
We had a good walk round the woods. Despite the mud we followed some of the less walked and narrower tracks. This avoids the horses and the land rovers which can be a pain in the glass for dogs. As we walked our four miles we met four other dog walkers, all within a few hundred yards of the car park.
 
We came home for a belly wash. Strangely Treacle (the tallest dog) was the grubbiest. You’d have thought that those at mud level would have been the filthiest, wouldn’t you?
I then ran the trimmer over my head. I do that every so often. There is a barber just up the road from me, but every time I walk past I see that he chap only knows one haircut, and that is frankly ridiculous. He shaves round the sides and gels the top. People queue up for it… the odd thing is that having been given these absolutely laughable haircuts, you never see anyone in the street sporting one of them. What’s going on there?
 
I wrote up some CPD, then went off to bed for the afternoon. I took a hot water bottle as my feet never warm up when I try to sleep in the afternoon. As I dozed I could hear next door flicking her light switch on and off. She must have turned the light on and off twenty times during the afternoon. What was that all about?
As I dozed so the rain started. What had been a rather bright morning became a very wet afternoon.
 
Hopefully “er indoors TM will boil up some dinner and then I’m off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment