7 January 2024 (Sunday) - Rather Dull

What with a rather (very) late night last night I didn’t wake until after nine o’clock. “er indoors TM headed off to the monthly brekkie date. I passed. The café we meet up in is a very noisy place and the second bottle of port last night had left me with something of a headache. I put bread in the toaster and grubby stuff in the washing machine and dishwasher, and with toast incinerated I had a look at the Internet.
 
Two friends had birthdays today. The chap who lived next door when we were both lads, and one of the girls from my religious days who has (like me) since seen the darkness. My old neighbour now lives in Scotland and my ex-god-bothering pal and now runs an animal sanctuary somewhere in East Anglia. I sent them the birthday video. I had two friend requests from young ladies. Both had their clothes on (which was probably for the best), and one was photographed with what looked like her mother. I deleted both requests.
I had a message ostensibly from the Prime Minister asking if I would like to follow him on Facebook. I’ve clicked the “follow” button, but my hopes aren’t high. As far as I’m concerned the bloke has had his chance and blown it. He’s leaving it rather late to perk up, but you never know. It probably doesn’t help that he bears a more than passing resemblance to Roland Rat.
Not a lot else was going on in the Internet, so leaving dogs snoring on the sofa I emptied the dishwasher. I wish I knew where all the stuff goes; I just cram it into various cupboards and hope for the best. I hung out the washing, and “er indoors TM returned.
 
Yesterday had been a dry day; today was cold and with heavy rain.  Taking a minor detour to pick up a couple of geocaches we went to Ham Street garden centre. Last week there was a suspicion that Morgan might have tiddled up a display (I’m pretty sure he didn’t!) but there’s no denying that he “dropped a big one” today whilst we were looking round the garden furniture bits.
We came home, and I spent much of the day geo-puzzling. A series of thirty geocaches had gone live this morning in the Biggin Hill area; all needing a puzzle to be solved to work out their final locations. I puzzled them, and one or two others in the area as well. This might well make a decent walk when the weather chirps up a bit.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good lamb roast which we scoffed whilst watching “Outsiders”. As the evening wore on I rather wilted. I feel rather exhausted, and my face is glowing as if I’ve caught the sun. I’m feeling as I should have felt after yesterday’s rather busy day.
Yesterday had been a rather good day; today was one of the dull ones. So why do I feel worn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment