3 January 2024 (Wednesday) - Repeating Myself (Again)

I had a better night's sleep than I had the night before, but I'm not at all convinced about this "double duvet" theory of “er indoors TM 's.
I was again wide awake far too early, and so I watched the second episode of "Peep Show" which was an improvement on the first. Perhaps the show has promise?
 
I got dressed in the dark as I do; easier said than done when small dogs are determined to be sat upon. I moved them out of the way so that I could sit on the edge of the bed, and they moved back again. They can be stubborn little things sometimes.
I walked two streets away to where I'd left my car then had a little Munzee adventure before heading up the motorway. Being the first day of the Clan War I got a couple of Qrates and deployed a Golden Carrot too.
 
As I drove to work I listened to the radio. Wars still rage in Gaza and Ukraine. For all that loads of air-time was spent on them, there wasn't really anything new to report. As in pretty much every war ever, those suffering aren't those with anything to do with the causes of the war. One day the little people will say "enough is enough", and those who want a war will have to face the consequences of starting one.
But not today it would seem.

And there was talk about the junior doctors who went on strike this morning. Apparently the strike was only going to happen if there had been no pay offer over the Christmas period. Some politician or other spouted loads of management-type catchphrases whilst trying to brush over the fact that there had been no offer (increased or otherwise). This was followed by an interview with the head honcho of an NHS Trust in Surrey who spoke about the six-day strike covering "four working days". Doesn't this speak volumes about the head honchos in the NHS? In a hospital every day is a working day... isn't it?
I must admit I feel for the junior doctors' position; if only out of a sense of self-interest. I want there to be doctors in hospitals as I get older and need them more. As the junior doctors point out, with their wages having fallen by thirty-five per cent in real terms, who wants to be a doctor when you can do something far more lucrative needing far less qualifications and far less effort.
 
Ironically at tea break I found myself looking at my old school's Facebook group in which I saw people with whom I went to school who have retired years ago and live in far better houses than I've got with pensions higher than my wages...
One of them - the lad who sat next to me for many lessons for many years - was having his birthday today. He retired a couple of years ago and lives in one of the expensive mansions by the park in Hastings.
If I had my time again I wouldn't go into health care again. I'd go into industry and business like all my old schoolmates did.
 
I’ve done this rant before, haven’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment