22 January 2024 (Monday) - Feeling "Bleaugh"

 

I woke feeling vaguely "Bleaugh" this morning. I thought about staying in bed, but only thought about it. I had this idea that I might perk up if I got up, so I got up, and got on with my morning routine. Shave, make a sarnie for lunch, toast, telly, look at Internet. What I do every morning...
 
Telly was rather dull this morning. The internet wasn't much better.  I had yet another friend request on Facebook ostensibly from a young lady offering all sorts of mucky promises. You have to wonder why they do it? Presumably enough sad acts are taken in by them?
And (somewhat ironically) there was a twee meme on my feed posted by someone who was once a rather good friend. This meme banged on about how we can't change other people and how we must accept others or walk away from them... I've always felt it a shame that when I felt forced to walk away from her pals I had to walk away from her too.
 
I got ready for work, found the car, and headed off up the motorway. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how the BBC is to face scrutiny for it's supposed lack of impartiality. I've heard complaints about bias in the BBC news reporting from friends whose opinions range all across the political spectrum. The right wing claim the BBC is leftie, the lefties say it is right wing. Is the Beeb biased? Probably. Aren't we all?
That idiot Donald Trump looks set to get the Republican nomination for the upcoming American presidential election now that his main rival has thrown in the towel. There's no denying that Donald Trump is less than perfect. Are there no other alternatives? I suspect Mr Trump will get in again. He's a showman; the public want to be entertained. Love him or loathe him, he's entertaining.
And there was a lot of fuss about the storm that hit overnight.
 
I got to work ahead of whatever it was that bunged up the traffic in Maidstone today. Being on the early shift I got in early (as one does) but those who tried to come in for the core shift all got stuck in traffic jams.
I'd rather get to work before the traffic builds up...
I did my bit on what turned out to be a rather "hypersegmented" sort of day. Sadly (for me), having not phoned in sick on the hope that I might have perked up turned out to be little more than wishful thinking; the vague feeling of "Bleaugh" with which I woke got more and more "Bleaugh" as the day wore on.
 
With work worked I came home. “er indoors TM boiled up some scoff then set off bowling. I looked at putting a film on the telly, but that would play for too long and I would probably have fallen asleep. A couple of episodes of “Peep Show” watched from underneath a pile of dogs did the trick for the evening.
I wonder how long this feeling "Bleaugh" will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment