30 November 2018 (Friday) - Pink Cupcake


The first job of today was to apply the dogs’ flea treatments. Pogo and Fudge weren’t at all bothered, but Treacle *hates* it. When she saw the packet she ran away, tried to hide upstairs and flatly refused to come anywhere near us. After a futile attempt to try to encourage her, we finally caught her in a pincer movement.
With a neck full of “Advocate” she then sulked.
As I scoffed my brekkie there wasn’t much kicking off on Facebook for once. No squabbles, and the bare minimum of attention-seeking. Rather dull really; that’ not why I look at the website at all. My in-box was equally dull. I had one email. Go Outdoors offered me fifteen per cent off of my next shopping trip there as a thank you for spending near on a hundred quid with them last weekend. Having spent near on a hundred quid with them last weekend I don’t think I’m going to be going back there any time soon. And their offer ends in three weeks’ time. Ho hum…

I took the now-road-legal dogs for a walk round the park. AS walks go it wasn’t one of the more successful ones. Whilst Fudge kept up (mostly), Pogo was a pain in the glass (as "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" would say). He seems to have an issue with other dogs that are on leads. Other dogs running round the park loose are no problem; he’ll sniff them or ignore them or play with them. But (to him) another dog on a lead is an invitation to a fight. It all became rather tiresome; I didn’t actually tell the nice man with a dachshund to f… off in those exact words, but the sentiment was certainly there.
I got home with something of a sense of relief.

I played a little Candy Crush Soda Saga in the vain hope that whilst I was hop e the postman might arrive, I settled the dogs (who were all already fast asleep) and set off.
With a little time on my hands I thought I might take the scenic route to work via a geocache or two. My first target was in Pluckley. I arrived to find a throng of normal people swarming all around it, but they had all gone within minutes and I was soon doing the happy dance. As one does. It was as well that the throng of normal people had all shoved off as I would have looked rather daft doing the happy dance with them swarming.

My second target was at a (relatively) local airfield. The given directions had me rather foxed. "PLEASE USE THESE DIRECTIONS" they read. "..... Ahead of you is a gate with no public access. Go past this gate...". Finding myself at a gate which clearly said "no public access" and aerodrome staff telling me there was no public access I drove to the car park and went the long way round. I eventually found what I was looking for, and a trackable too. Finding a film pot under a rock is exciting enough; finding one with a trackable in it is the biz!!... if you like that sort of thing. A surprising amount of people don't.

My third target was somewhere that I'd been before. On November 5th I wrote "...the hint was "behind tree". The sat-nav took me straight to a large tree. However behind this tree was a garden fence. And sitting in the garden was one of the normal people who was watching me in the same way I might look at dog poop on my shoe". I got to this tree easily enough today. The normal person has moved a caravan up to within two feet of this tree, but it is on his side of the fence. He was nowhere to be seen this morning so I slipped in and found what I was looking for. I was the first person to have rummaged around that tree in over a year - another resuscitation. Another happy dance.

My fourth target eluded me. To find it I had to solve a puzzle and then look six feet up a tree at the location the puzzle took me to. I'd obviously stuffed up solving the puzzle as I found myself in a muddy field some fifty-four yards from the nearest tree (I measured it!).
From here a straight line to work took my right past the geocache I couldn't find yesterday. Half an hour rummaging in the hedge to no avail yesterday - found in less than ten seconds today.

I drove in to work where I took off my boots and put on trainers. A shame I’d not got a matching pair, but I don’t think anyone noticed. I had a rather good bit of cauliflower cheese for dinner, and then did that which I couldn't avoid. Mind you it wasn't a bad day. We had cake today. A pink cupcake. It was that sort of a day.
My hip hurts from walking round in mis-matched trainers all afternoon and evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment