24 November 2018 (Saturday) - Rainy Day


I was out like a light last night and slept for eight hours until the dogs went mad when the postman knocked on the door. This morning postie brought me w little Lego house I’d won on eBay. And being from Royal Mail he knocked on the door and delivered it rather than leaving it laying in the front garden as other delivery firms so often do (like they did yesterday).
The postman also delivered my Nectar card. That only took two weeks to arrive. Mind you in that two weeks I’ve racked up two hundred points which is one whole quid.

I played a little “Candy Crush Saga” and joined a couple of Facebook groups which are to do with 1970s Lego. Bearing in mind that Facebook groups about geocaching, astronomy snakes, kite-flying, fishing, blood tests, dogs and beer are often little more than one huge squabble my hopes aren’t high. But you never know…

We got the dogs’ leads on to them. The plan for today had been a walk out at High Halden, but the miserable weather and the equally dismal forecast meant that we’d postponed that. Instead we thought we’d go to Canterbury. A small drive to get Pogo used to the car, a short walk for the dogs, and some shopping.

We got to Canterbury easily enough and parked up near London Road and walked round an estate finding geocaches as we went. An hour’s walk of about a mile or so blew away some cobwebs.
We then went on to “Go Outdoors” where we’d planned to get some stuff for the winter. I like that shop if only because dogs are allowed in. We went to the shoe department where we met a pinch-faced version of the TV character Hyacinth Bucket. This old bat was ordering her husband around as though he was a wilful child. Clearly he was taking too long to choose his footwear; I couldn’t believe it what she snatched the shoes I was holding, brandished them at her husband and ordered him to have those. Looking back I should have told her the error of her ways, but at the time I was too shocked to say anything.
"er indoors TM" couldn’t stop laughing.
I also got new gaiters as I’d lost my old ones, and also picked up an assortment of gloves, socks and hats. Treacle (true to form) tried to eat the socks before we’d even lifted them off of the shelf.
It was somewhat ironic that when I put the shopping into the boot of the car that I discovered my old gaiters laying there.

Whilst "er indoors TM" got petrol at Morrison’s car park I went in to the supermarket for Belgian buns. Morrisons at mid-day was a nightmare; a thousand people were shopping, each one seemingly totally unaware that there was anyone else in the shop at all. How can people be *so* oblivious of the world around them?
We stopped off at the pet shop in Chartham where the nice lady in the shop gave each of the dogs a treat. I’m not blaming her in any way, but up until then Pogo had been fine. Ten minutes later he blew; fetching his breakfast all over the car’s back seat.

The traffic was rather bad getting home. I *really* can’t see the attraction of the MacArthur Glen shopping centre. I’ve been there so many times; they don’t sell anything you can’t buy cheaper elsewhere, but people travel for miles to shop there, and it adds an age to our journey home.

Once home I scoffed the Belgian bun I’d got in Morrisons. "er indoors TM" cleaned up dog sick from the back seat of her car. There was a surprising amount of dog sick to be cleaned up. As she scrubbed the dogs barked at her as they watched her every move through the window.
I could have helped I suppose, but I wasn’t feeling very well. I slobbed on the sofa for an hour or so feeling grotty.

After a rather good bit of dinner "er indoors TM" went off to the Saturday film night. I stayed home, and with the dogs all sleeping I had a go at putting together some Lego houses for the scenery for my planned train set thingy. One house worked rather well. The other looks rather earthquake-damaged. Still, it’s not bad for a first attempt.
I’m going to slob in front of the telly some more, I think. I’m still not right…

No comments:

Post a Comment