25 November 2018 (Sunday) - Before the Night Shift


I woke shivering at four o’clock. After a quick trip to the loo I reorganised the dogs (mainly Treacle) so I could get some space on the bed. Despite Fudge grumbling seemingly every five minutes I then slept through till after eight o’clock.
I scoffed brekkie, and then got into a petty squabble on Facebook. Just recently people who are very much in favour of Brexit have been posting memes about why Britain fought a war a hundred years ago just to hand power to Germany now. It strikes me that this is exactly what Britain is doing by leaving the EU and giving up all involvement with all the decision-making bodies. For all that I was clearly wrong, no one could actually explain why.
I played “Candy Crush” games on the Internet until everyone else got up an hour later.

I then spent a few minutes working on my fishing trolley. "er indoors TM" found a black screw on the kitchen floor on Thursday. Whilst the screw looks a match for those on the trolley, I can’t find anywhere it might have come from. I shall keep the screw and wait for the trolley to collapse. Then I might know where it goes.
And then my phone beeped. I’d won another eBay bargain.

We took the dogs out for a little walk. "er indoors TM" has a series of geocaches locally. Some people had been whinging that they couldn’t find them, so we did a little maintenance run. If nothing else, it made a good walk for the wolf-pack. They didn’t get *that* grubby. And being quite close to home it was a short drive and Pogo wasn’t sick. And (to be honest) what with this rotten cold an hour was quite enough for me.
We came home via the co-op. For all that their Belgian buns are forty pence more expensive than Morrison’s, they are far superior.

Cliff popped round for a few minutes. It was good to see him. He’s got a lot of time off over the next few weeks. Sometimes I wonder about my choice of career; this year I’ve got both Christmas Day and Boxing Day off work and that’s it. Mind you I get a *lot* of time off at other times so I shouldn’t grumble.

I took myself off to bed and got a few hours’ sleep. I could have slept longer had I not needed the loo; coffee with that Belgian bun had been a mistake. Mind you I slept better than I usually do during the day; having "er indoors TM" on hand to shush the dogs made a difference.

Soon be dinner time, then time for the night shift. Today has been rather dull… the entire weekend has been rather dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment