28 November 2018 (Wednesday) - The Lego Shop


Having done two night shifts it was no surprise that I was out like a light last night. Nine hours asleep was good. It is a long time since I found myself laying in bed so long that I got back ache.
As I scoffed brekkie I had a look at Facebook. Yesterday’s squabble over religion seems to have subsided; the wannabe Christians have got out a dictionary, looked up the word “refugee” and have conceded that the dictionary definition of the word actually does apply to what the Bible says happened to Jesus, Mary and Joseph. The wannabe Christians don’t like it very much, but then neither do any refugees either.
And then I saw that a family member had used the “check in” facility on Facebook to tell the world they were at Shellness. Facebook even posts a map to show the world where is it.
Another family member had immediately commented “where are you?

I took the dogs round the park. Fudge did straggle somewhat today, and Pogo tried to pick a fight with a greyhound. We met the dog warden and had a chat. She was rather concerned that I had lost a dog. I told her I hadn’t and had a quick roll-call. She was insistent that she’d seen me ten minutes earlier with four dogs. I said I only had three… she said that being a dog warden (and counting dogs) was her job. After a little to-ing and fro-ing she let me go. However she made it clear that if any errant hounds should appear in the park then they would be my missing pup.

Once home I settled the dogs and drove round to collect Matt. Together we drove up to Bluewater and the Lego shop. Whilst the job lot of Lego I’d bought the other day was a super-bargain, it was a tad short on roof tiles. I could have ordered up a job lot of roof tiles from eBay. I looked at the on-line Lego store and saw that the tiles I wanted were seventeen pence each; I could have ordered them from there. But I’d heard that you could go to the Lego shop in Bluewater (and just hope they’ve got the ones you want) and get a pint of bricks for twelve quid. So that is what we did. We went to the Lego store.
You really do take a plastic pint tumbler and fill it with bricks.
Matt had done this before… You don’t just fill the tumbler. You join the larger bricks together into stacks. You carefully arrange the stacks in your pint tumbler. You then scoop in the smallest bricks loose; one handful at a time and shaking as you go. The people at the Lego shop expect kids who chuck bricks in willy-nilly and have tumblers which are full of mostly air. Mine was rather judiciously arranged. By the time I was done I don’t think it would have been possible to have got another brick in the tumbler.
Whilst paying for my stuff, the nice lady on the counter asked if I would like to join the Lego VIP club. I did so; it is like a Lego Nectar card. Result!
We had a little mooch round Bluewater as we were there; it is years since I last visited. We had a sandwich, then came home. Going to Bluewater with Matt was ideal for today; he’s had a cold recently too, today was rather murky and wet. A day looking at Lego and putting the world to rights was just what the doctor ordered.

Once home I made myself a cuppa, called up the on-line Lego store, and had a look at what I’d bought. Whilst they didn’t have the exact roof tiles I wanted I got something which would do the job, and I got about sixty-five quid’s worth of Lego for twelve pounds. I see that as something of a result.

I saw my credit card bill was available on-line. I downloaded it and checked it. Call me mean it you will ("My Boy TM" does) but every month I go through it and account for every penny. Today I accounted for every penny. Each and every seventy-odd thousand of them; they all add up.

I then ironed for a couple of hours until "er indoors TM" came home for a flying visit. With some works thing on this evening I was left dog-sitting. I expect I shall watch more episodes of Prison Break”…

No comments:

Post a Comment