16 November 2018 (Friday) - Cake !!


After another restless night I was up early and watching “Prison Break” rather earlier than I might have liked. I quite like “Prison Break” in that (like in “Game of Thrones”) the writers have no qualms about killing off a major character. In “Star Trek” you know full well that the captain survives, but “Jones from accounts” isn’t going to make it to the first advert break. Not so in “Prison Break”.
Having got up earlier than intended I had some spare time after watching telly, so I thought I’d have a more leisurely look at the Internet this morning. A shame there wasn’t much to see.

I drove off to work through a rather dismal murky morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were discussing the effect of Brexit with one of the leading lights at Rolls Royce. The chap being interviewed wasn't impressed with what he saw as a total debacle. He said that with his firm (and plenty of others) looking set to give up with the UK altogether, this week he was having conversations with government officials which really he should have had the week after the Brexit referendum.
My American friends have asked me what the UK is thinking of by going through with Brexit, and I am sure that in years to come my grandchildren (and great-grandchildren yet unborn) will be amazed at the history books. I wonder if they will have anything quite as momentous (and at the same time shambolic) in their lifetimes? The thing was so badly misrepresented before the referendum by blatant lies on one side and "Project Fear" on the other. If it was something you'd bought in the shop you'd take it back and get a refund under the Trades Description Act.

Having done the journey to Maidstone in a fraction of the time that the journey usually takes (for no apparent reason) I popped into Aldi. I went in for some biscuits and came out with peppermints and a shirt.
And so on to work where I had a rather good day. A colleague was having a sixtieth birthday, and we had cake. Lots of it.

I came home and walked the dogs round the roads. Again the lighting was so dim as to be dangerous. I’ve written to my local councillor about the matter. I bet he does nothing; that’s what he did last time.
I then looked at my Nectar account. Having bodged it to my eBay account was supposed to have been worth two hundred and fifty points, and the emails from last night’s Lego result said I’d got another seventeen. According to my Nectar homepage I’ve got no points at all. Nothing. Sod all.
The FAQ on the Nectar website does say that it can take a month for the points to show up. Oh well… it would seem I’d not been missing much all these years.

"er indoors TM" came home with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" in tow. He’s here for the weekend. (That will be nice!) He started off by asking which dog was Pogo; clearly I’m not alone in being unable to tell one dog from the other. We then had something of a refusal over dinner and he is currently destroying "er indoors TM"’s card-making thingy.
Last time was hard work… let’s see how this pans out…

No comments:

Post a Comment