26 January 2018 (Friday) - This n That

I had hoped for an early night last night, but nice-next-door were having noisy sex. They seem to be quite the fans of that activity. I must admit I’m not averse to it, but I do prefer it somewhat quieter with a lot less shouting and screaming. Fortunately it didn’t last long.
I wonder if the shouts and screams had any bearing on how I then spent much of the night chasing round in vivid dreams?

Over brekkie I watched “The Good Place”; in just over a week I’ve watched the entire first season. Today’s episode was rather good – I didn’t see *that* coming !!
I then sparked up my lap-top (it doesn’t spark up itself, you know) to see what I’d missed overnight. I’d had a Facebook friend request from “Damien Von Blood” who seems to have something of a vampire obsession. I shall let that one pass. And the self-appointed geo-police had been out in force. Having sent "er indoors TM" a list of the various failings of the series of geocaches she’d put out just up the road, they were lambasting another series a little further up the same road. I’m planning to put out a series of geocaches next week… I wonder if I too will have my homework marked and be found wanting?
And Facebook themselves had sent me a message; I’ve been active on there for eleven years. I didn’t mention starting the account on my blog eleven years ago though.
I also got another email about another person who has been recognised as one of the world’s top one per cent of geocachers. Here’s their virtual reward. These people currently look after four active geocaches, none of which has been hidden in the last ten years, and they get rewarded for their contribution to a commercial concern?

This morning was one of those mornings where the time just ran away. I spent five minutes rescuing my socks from Treacle. And then I had to spend another five minutes scraping ice from my car. And another five minutes demisting the inside of the windscreen. That demister thing didn't work last night.

As I drove I listened to the radio and I couldn't help but ponder on the Prime Minister's plight. Earlier in the week she publicly told off the Foreign Secretary for the leaks he made to the press about his asking for more money for the NHS. Today she's telling off the Chancellor of the Exchequer for what he said at Davos. I can't remember any other Prime Minister washing quite so much dirty laundry in public. The pundits on the radio were speculating about how her days as Prime Minister might be numbered.

I got to work, and as I walked through the car park I saw that the fences were being replaced. But rather than having panels, these fences had uprights and struts and slats through which the wind could pass.  I think I could do with this; the wind probably has it over a lot less.
I then had a rather busy day. What with having worked 9-5 for three weeks I'm worn out. The lates and the nights break up the routine. I quite miss them.

I came home, and walked the dogs round the block. They seemed to like the walk.
Once home I looked at the monthly accounts. If I hadn’t had to spend three hundred quid on the car last month and another three hundred quid on the car in the coming few weeks I wouldn’t be *too* badly off.
"er indoors TM" then came home. She was brandishing something that the estate agent flogging the house next door had put through the letterbox. The estate agent has apparently sold that house and was looking to sell ours too. I phoned the estate agent; not so much to sell our house as to find out what is wrong with next door. In the twenty-five years we’ve been here, there has been at least twelve different occupants next door, and the house has been empty for over a year twice.
Is that usual for a house?
The estate agent’s secretary took my call and said someone would phone me back. Whilst I waited I programmed “Hannah” for tomorrow’s walk. As I uploaded my GPX (oo-er!) my laptop told me there was a problem with the hard drive on the GPS unit and advised I scanned it. So I scanned it, and no errors were found. What was that all about?  While it was all plumbed in I took the opportunity to do a software update.
I wondered if my GPS unit would ever work again as I ironed my shirts…

That estate agent didn’t phone back…


No comments:

Post a Comment