22 July 2013 (Monday) - Hot Day

I had a reasonably good night's sleep until my little dog bounded up the stairs and started scratching himself at the foot of the bed at 6.30am. I took that as God's way of telling me to get up so I did, and had brekkie. DVDs over peanut butter might not be the best way to start the day, but it's the way I do it. I checked my emails - nothing of note.
The phone rang. "Daddies Little Angel TM" was distraught. One of the guinea pigs wasn't well. What can you do with a little animal like that? Which is the very reason I never wanted a dog.

And talking of dogs, I put "Furry Face TM"'s collar and lead on to him and we set off before the day got too hot. Down through South Ashford and out the back of Park Farm to look for a geocache (what else would I be doing?)
There's no denying that I went down all full of cockiness fully expecting an easy find. I couldn't unearth the thing. I searched and searched. My phone beeped - Lisa was ready to go out. I should have found the cache and been home by that time. Instead I suggested that Lisa met us there. I carried on searching. When Lisa arrived I'd been looking for nearly forty minutes. She found the thing in less than one minute. Oh how I laughed (!)

The day was getting rather warm - it was a good job she'd driven down. We scrounged a lift home, and I left FF at home whilst we drove out on a geo-maintenance mission. The trouble with hiding small plastic boxes fof everyone else to find is that periodically these boxes go missing. It would be easy to shrug my shoulders and take no notice; and many cache hiders do just that. But we don't. there is a school of thought that if you put out a geocache you should maintain it or close it down. So the rest of the morning was spent on maintenance. Between us we maintained four caches; two each.
The first one was one of Lisa's caches was tucked inside a plastic pidgeon. I particularly liked that cache as I was the first one to find it very early one Bank Holiday morning in May. We found what was left of the cache. Some of it was hanging from a nearby tree; some scattered all over the floor. It looked as though someone had blown it away with a shotgun. Both of the next two were missing. And the last one just needed a new log book. That was easy enough.

Home at mid day. I felt peckish and had a look in the fridge. I found a chicken tikka wrap and left over KFC. I hope no one wanted those. If they did, they could look on this little episode as being God' way of telling them not to leave stuff in my fridge when I'm hunting lunch. I then did the monthly accounts. There's no denying that I would like to have a lot more money in them, but that's probably true of everyone. I have enough to be getting on with, and if there's not enough for me to be able to afford to waste a hundred quid at a beer festival on a regular basis then that's probably a good thing in the long run.

The doorbell rang. Postie delivered my supply of magnetic key-holders which I will use as replacement geocaches. In fact I put "Furry Face TM"'s collar and lead on him and we put one out there and then.
And with er indoors TM" off bowling and me feeling rather worn out from the day's heat I settled down for an evening's DVD-o-thon. Can't be bad...

I found today's piccie on Facebook. I *really* didn't want a dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment