27 August 2018 (Monday) - Bank Holiday

Treacle woke me up by stomping all over me at three o’clock. I then lay awake for an hour before giving up trying to sleep. I got up and looked out of the window and saw a parking space up the road so I went out to move my car. I’d parked round the corner where parking is only allowed until eight o’clock so the car needed moving. As I walked to my car I was amazed at just how dark it was. Over the last year or so the council have replaced most of the street lights with l.e.d. lighting which is cheaper and very environmentally-friendly but doesn’t actually provide any useful illumination. As I looked up and down the street I could see one or two of the old-style sodium street lights – around them were small islands of visibility.
With the car moved I watched “Hot Lesbian Prison Action” (Or “Orange is the New Black” – the title Netflix eventually went for) then went back to sleep for a few hours.

There was a minor near-panic at brekkie time. Not wishing to disturb "er indoors TM" I’d moved her car too. I didn’t tell her; I’d let her sleep. Perhaps I should have told her before she looked out of the attic window and saw it had gone.
Over brekkie I emailed my local councillor to complain about the rather rubbish street lighting. I doubt it will achieve anything, but a whinge never hurts. As I griped, "er indoors TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" played with the Lego. They saw the Lego box as a toybox; Treacle saw the Lego box as her own personal sweetie jar. Much of our Lego now has teeth marks in it.

After two hours we were finally in a position to walk round the park. As we walked, mayhem ensued as it so often does. I made a little video of out antics; you can see it by clicking here.
We came home, had a sandwich, then drove round to "My Boy TM" who was staging a bank holiday barbie. A few beers, some chicken and burgers, a bit of cake… you can see some piccies from the day here.
I then slept all the way to Margate as we took "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" home.

I’ve had quite a busy bank holiday weekend… I’m looking forward to going back to work for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment