3 September 2015 (Thursday) - Between the Night Shifts

After a surprisingly busy night shift I listened to the radio as I drove home. Did you know that our old friend science has revised the estimate of the number of trees on the planet. The best guess is that here is three trillion trees on Earth. that's seven times as many as were in the last guess at the number.
There are those who feel the figure is a matter of indifference. It is impossible to check the accuracy of that number, but it occurs to me that someone has been paid good money to come up with it.
Perhaps that money might be better spent on the police. Apparently police in Lewisham have taken to using buses as they've not got enough cars, and police in the West Midlands take their time to get to emergencies as they've had to buy cheaper police cars with no sirens.
The criminal element must love hearing this in the news....

Once home I took "Furry Face TM" for a walk. Bearing in mind that this was the sort of time that OrangeHead and her posse were likely to be lording it round the park we went out to Frogs Island instead. Apart from Fudge feeling the need to bark at absolutely everyone he saw along the way, the walk passed off relatively uneventfully.
We stopped off at the vets as we walked. I've noticed his collar seems looser; I was wondering if the diet was working. Whilst he's not put on any weight he doesn't seem to have lost any.

I had all sorts of things planned to do after our walk; instead I went to bed and slept until mid-afternoon. Once awake I spent an hour doing geo-admin on the potential geo-walk I started preparing yesterday. That only took an hour; let's see if it gets the thumbs-up.
As I worked "My Boy TM" came home "quietly"; his sister had sent him here with a load of stuff to put into storage. I say "storage"; her idea of storage is my idea of a spare bedroom.

I'm now off to work a little earlier than planned; last week I released a Wherigo onto the denizens of Canterbury. Apparently it don't work on iPhones so I've offered to let a nice lady have a go on my tablet.
I hope she doesn't bite...


No comments:

Post a Comment