24 June 2013 (Monday) - Stuff

Following three successes for 5-hydroxy-tryptophan, last night wasn't quite such a victory for the stuff. I woke at 3am, but got back to sleep only to wake again at 5.30. Mind you I did have an alarm set, and I've mentioned before that having an alarm set does stuff up my chances of sleeping. Still, I shall persevere with the 5HT for a little longer and see what happens.

Fudge sat with me as I scoffed my brekkie. I was still aching from yesterday's walk, and he seemed to be aching too. Perhaps he might benefit from cod liver oil? I shall speak to the vet. Talking of which we got a text from the vet yesterday saying that we hadn't collected his anti-flea treatment, and would we collect it urgently. I collected it only the other day. I phoned them to see what was going on; the nice lady at the vet's said she was fed up with people phoning because they'd got a text from them. Apparently their computer system takes it upon itself to randomly text people all sorts of messages. The nice lady told me that she wished that the computer would ask her first.

And so to work. Today wasn't a bad day really. It was in many ways a good day. But after the really good and eventful last three days I really wasn't feeling the entire "work thing" today. I wonder just how early an early retirement I can get away with? I did my bit, and came home listening to the radio as ever. The latest celebrity to have been supposedly abusing children is none other than the Italian premier. He's been sentenced to prison for seven years. He denies the allegations, as one would expect him to. Interestingly the girl he supposedly paid to podger also denies the allegations as well. If the alleged injured party is denying all knowledge one can't help but wonder what is going on.

Something else to winder about is the latest discovery of our old friend science. It turns out that there is a correlation between lowering of pollution levels and the advent of increasingly worse hurricanes. Perhaps it's time to throw the rubbish back in the river...?

No comments:

Post a Comment