12 June 2013 (Wednesday) - Stuff

Following a few day's break from work, I went back to the grind today. And my insomnia returned with a vengeance. I went to bed at 11.30pm last night and woke feeling fully refreshed at 1.40am. I then lay away before finally giving up and getting up shortly after 5am when I felt like death warmed up.
I seriously considered phoning in sick and spending the day in bed.

I came down to find that the bucket of beer I set fermenting yesterday afternoon was bubbling well. I was pleased about that. I then watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica. Having finished the Babylon 5 DVDs some time ago i thought I'd try the Bat Glak again. Perhaps I was prompted by the cameo appearances of Katee Sackhoff in episodes of Big Bang Theory. I can remember that it was eminently watchable. That is Battlestar Galactica and Katee Sackhoff were both eminently watchable. Mind you she spends more time in the bath and in the nip on Big Bang Theory than she ever did on Battlestar Galactica. Perhaps I've chosen the wrong series to watch?

I didn't get chance to do any of my psychology course today. Which was probably for the best. Mind you as I drove to work I learned that a recent study has shown that the Lego corporation are making more and more of their mini-figures with angry faces. Apparently pirate lego and Harry Potter lego are rife with grouchy looking characters.
Experts seem to think that angry lego characters will affect the development of the children that play with lego. It may well do so. I'd never really considered the expressions of the lego figures. Now that I have I know that they do have an assortment of grimaces I've decided that I want some angry and miserable ones for the lego train set that I plan to build.
They can be waiting for the train which is running late...

Whilst at work I learned something new. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that I've been ranting about Kent County Council who want the kite fliers to pay an absolute fortune for camping at Teston Bridge picnic site. It turns out that (as always) there is more to this than meets the eye. A colleague who lives in the area told me that much of the land owned by Maidstone council has a problem with ex-council house tenants who have found life to be much cheaper when one operates out of a tent. Apparently tents are springing up all over the Maidstone area. Maidstone council aren't too pleased with this. Presumably if these campers see us in our tents they will join in, but unlike us won't go home at the end of the weekend.
I wonder if other festivals suffer from hangers-on...?


1 comment:

  1. We went to Hobfest last month. a one day music festival in Wiltshire. We liked the plce so much we stayed for a week. But we did pay for the camping.

    ReplyDelete