25 September 2009 (Friday) - A Birthday, Astro Club

Being on a late start I had time before work to get the second coat of paint onto the front wall. So I woke sometime around 5am and lay there thinking about painting the wall. Having a job that needed doing, I couldn’t sleep, and so was outside painting before 7am. I then scraped all the weeds out of the grouting between the paving slabs. I wonder if I can replace the cement between the slabs without having to re-lay them?


The birthday boy eventually emerged from it’s pit and we went to the fishing tackle shop to get him his pressie. He wanted boots – I was expecting something slightly more macho than fur-lined wellies, but if it’s what he wants…


To work, where I had couscous salad for “lunch” (never again), and then after yet another late shift on a Friday, to astronomy club where I arrived late to find I’d missed the talk. Still, the observing bits were fun, and I got to hawk the raffle again. It’s worth going just to wind up the normal people there…


No comments:

Post a Comment