7 April 2024 (Sunday) - Late Shift

I woke for a tiddle at five o’clock and felt like death warmed up. I went back to bed, slept till nine o’clock and woke feeling rather better. I wonder what that was all about?
I made toast and had my usual root round Facebook. My cousin is looking to move house. Moving is something I think about from time to time, but it would mean a major upheaval, loads of expense, and loads of work once the move was done… I think we will stay put for a while.
I reported two or three posts on Facebook this morning. I am sick and tired of seeing things “suggested for you” about dogs dying. I’m still having meltdowns over my little Fudge, and he’s been gone nearly three years.
 
I set off to work. There were some new geocaches that had gone live this morning. The chance to chase a First to Find would have been good. But one was thirty miles south-west, and two were thirty miles east. And I was heading thirty miles west.
I had a quick Munzee session before leaving Ashford. As I drove to Pembury I listened to the start of “Desert Island Discs”, but it was on Radio Four Extra. Reception of that channel is patchy at best, and the chap being interviewed was dull. So I sang along to my dire choice of music instead.
 
I got to work and popped to the hospital’s branch of WH Smiths to get a bar of choccie for the way home. A small bar of choccie costs £1.29.
Can you believe it?
 
And that was it for today. I did the late shift and came home again. I get so many days of these days I shouldn’t grumble about when I do work, but I can’t say I’m keen on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment