20 April 2024 (Saturday) - Worn Out

I had a rather good night’s sleep. Not fighting for any bed space helped. I woke… and could only account for two dogs. Morgan usually huddles up close to me but was nowhere to be found. He wasn’t downstairs or in the garden. Eventually it transpired he’d dossed down on the other side of “er indoors TM.
 
I made toast and had my usual rummage on the internet. I sent out birthday wishes to those having birthdays, and hard cash to those with birthdays coming up. A colleague is doing a sponsored run for her birthday, so I sponsored.
And then I found myself pondering. “The Red Pig” has closed down. The Red Pig is a little van which sells rather good food at Pett Level. We’ve been in it on occasion. The menu is excellent and the people friendly. Three days ago they were advertising for staff. Yesterday they posted on Facebook saying they had closed for good and today the business is up for sale. It’s none of my business, but I’m a rather nosey person and can’t help but wonder what is going on.
 
We set off to Dog Club. There had been a message that there was a fox den in the top corner of the paddock we use. I went and had a look and couldn’t see anything. Mind you our group operates at the other end of the paddock. We had a great time. There were about fifteen dogs along today. Treacle had her ball, Morgan and Bailey scrounged treats, other dogs wallowed in mud. Dog Club is such a simple idea, and the dogs love it so much.
Having a birthday today Steve wasn’t on the radio. His stand-in wasn’t the same. The “Mystery Year” was 1968…  who remembers anything from then? And the “Guess the Lyrics” competition might as well have been from Beethoven for all that I knew.
We took a circuitous route home via various Munzees getting Level Three on this month’s Munzee Clan War. Not much more to do for Level Four.
 
Once home we had a cuppa then I cracked on in the garden. I sawed two of the sleepers in half, then painted the sawed ends. And then remembered that when I’d painted the sleepers the other day I’d intended to come back to them and paint the ends that were on the ground. So I painted those. And whilst I was ai it I painted the water feature I’d moved yesterday.
I then scraped all the gravel out of the way for the new water feature/mini pond (that took some doing), and built the box. As space is tight where it is going, I built it in place. My Boy TM” would have been so proud of me – I used a spirit level. With the box in place I enlisted the assistance of “er indoors TM and we took an old blanket to protect the bottom, and then got the liner roughly in place. Even roughly took some fiddling about. To get the liner in place better we three-quarters filled it with water…
And stopped.
Four hours was enough. It can settle and leak-test overnight
 
I had a little sit down whilst “er indoors TM went to fetch “Darcie Waa Waa TM. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” is being bridesmaid at a wedding and this afternoon was make-up practice. Is this a new thing? I never had make-up practice when I got married.
We had a fun few hours with littlun. We started with the obligatory dog snogging, then played “Hide and Seek”. Littlun would go into the bathroom, count to whatever number she fancied in the strange numbering system she has made, then come and either find me in the toilet, or her grandmother behind the kitchen door.
She thought this was hilarious - this went on for over an hour before she lost interest.
We then played a game where she climbed up and down the stairs and I supervised to make sure she didn’t fall. That only lasted half an hour.
I was worn out when it was time for her to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment