21 April 2024 (Sunday) - New Telly

At some point in the heavy lifting of the last few days I poggered my left wrist. It really hurts. I gave up trying to sleep and thought that if I got up and did something then the pain might ease.
I made toast and had my usual look at the Internet. I had an email. My credit rating went up by eleven points this week. That’s nice. I had another dodgy friend request on Facebook from a young lady who would seem to be all tits and no sense. I sent out birthday wishes to people with birthdays today, and wrote up some CPD until “er indoors TM and the dogs emerged.
 
We got ourselves organized and drove out to Lyminge where we went for a little walk following a series of geocaching Adventure Labs. A rather good walk of half an hour or so. It was a shame we couldn’t find the cache at the village sign. We tried for that one seven years ago and failed then as well.
 
We came home for a cuppa, then “er indoors TM helped me with (did all the work) lining the little pond / water feature.
Leaving her tidying up I popped out to B&Q for two more bricks, and then on to Bybrook Barn for more rocks and some pond plants. And with those in place my little pond / water feature is almost complete. There’s pictures of it here. I’m quite pleased with how it came out. I’ve got to arrange the gravel around it a bit better and I want to landscape a rockery in front of it. And I need to take the water pump of off the circuit it is currently on with all the other water features, and have it running all the time. And in a week or so I shall look at introducing some fish.
 
And then the fun started. Our telly has been on the blink for a few days and last night it packed up altogether. We first got it on 24 May 2021 when I wrote “Bearing in mind we got the last telly on 16 January 2010, I’m wondering if this new telly will also do us for another eleven years”. Well, it didn’t. It didn’t last three.
We set up the new telly, and after an hour’s farting about it was ready to go… and it couldn’t connect to the Sky-Q box. We used the “contact Amazon” option and got through to a most unhelpful woman whose only suggestion was that the problem had to be with the Sky-Q box as there was no way that her company’s device could ever be at fault. I was all for taking the thing to the tip, but I had a quick look on the Internet instead. Several people had reported the same problem; and all had cured it by doing a factory reset.
Eventually we had the thing going but it wasn’t easy. Back in the day when you got a new telly the company would send a man to set it all up for you.
 
“er indoors TM popped to the kebab shop to get dinner which we scoffed whilst watching one of the new extended “Bottom” episodes. After the fun of the afternoon it was good being able to watch anything at all.
I’m off to work for the early shift tomorrow… an early night might be a plan. My wrist is better than it was… but still hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment