11 April 2024 (Thursday) - Another Busy Day

I had something of a lie-in this morning. Over toast I had my usual root around the Internet as I do. An old friend’s younger brother was posting photos from his time at our old school. Apart from formal photos, I don’t think I’ve got any photos from my time at secondary school.
One of the major changes in my life has been the availability of photographs. Back in the day cameras had film. A camera could take only so many photos and then you had to take the thing to a shop, leave it with them and collect the photos a few days later. Consequently photography was something of an arse-ache. These days you point your phone, upload to whichever social media you fancy, and within seconds everyone could see what you’d been up to.
I spent a few minutes looking at pictures of pre-formed waterfall segments. That might be exactly what I need for my Bog Filter Mk II, but they ain’t cheap. I shall go to a couple of pond shops to see the things in reality before I hand over hard cash.
 
Leaving in the washing machine doing its thing I got the dogs into the car and we set off for our walk. As I drove “In Our Time” was on the radio, Sometimes that show is fascinating and interesting and captivating. Today it was tedious in the extreme; utterly dull drivel about whether or not women went to the theatre in ancient Greece.
I switched over to my music and sang along to Ivor Biggun songs instead.
We got to the woods and had a good walk. The car park was quite full; there were loads of people with small children playing about in the hundred yards surrounding the car park, but once we were away from there we walked for four miles without seeing anyone else at all. As we walked I tested out one of the apps on my watch; one mile is near enough two thousand two hundred of my steps. Three miles was six thousand six hundred and one steps.
 
We came home. As the dogs had their brekkie I hung out the washing, then made myself a cuppa. Daddy’s Little Angel TM” phoned. Pogo had been to the vets where he had crapped on their floor twice and pissed up their counter. Much as I love him, he really can be a twatbag sometimes.
I painted up the sleepers that I bought yesterday. Treacle wouldn’t stop rubbing up against what I’d just painted.
I then ironed. As I ironed I watched a couple of episodes of “Cleaning Up”; a rather good Netflix drama, then went out to feed the fish. That bog filter was overflowing again…
And then my phone beeped. A couple of days ago I’d created an EarthCache based on the sink holes in Kings Wood. The geo-feds had accepted what I’d done.
 
“er indoors TM came home and boiled up sausages and chips. As we scoffed them so my phone beeped again. A First to Find on my new Earthcache less than two hours after it went live. Bering in mind that there were two places to visit in the woods, and both were over a mile into the woods (as the crow flies) that was rather impressive.
 
I’m going to work tomorrow… for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment