29 April 2024 (Monday) - This n That

I went to bed last night and slept for an hour or so before the dogs woke me. I nodded off again only to be woken by the noise of one of “er indoors TM’s phones randomly phoning the other. I then lay awake for much of the night before giving up and getting up. I watched an episode of “All The Light We Cannot See” then sparked up the lap-top.
The Internet was its usual brand of nonsense. Overnight my Facebook Friend count had gone down by one. Someone hates me. I saw no end of photos of Alyson Hannigan (why?) and quite a few adverts for fish pond filters. You’d think whoever makes these spybots would figure out a way of not bothering us with the adverts once we’d bought whatever it was we were looking for.
Several friends were banging on about how cash is far superior to credit cards. Cash is ideal for two sorts of people; people who like wasting their time going to a shop rather than having stuff delivered, and tax dodgers.
I had a message from Daddy’s Little Angel TM” who had a guts ache. I told her it was probably wind. It probably was.
And I had an email. Yesterday I saw that the pockets were wearing through on my trousers so I ordered up another pair from Amazon. They were posted out ah twenty past three this morning and I was told they should be arriving today. That’s the way forward isn’t it? Had I been farting about with cash I wouldn’t be able to get to the shops until Wednesday at the earliest. And the fish food I’d ordered was on the way too.
 
Again I tried chasing the unicorn which was scattering magical stars as I walked to the car; today it was gambolling in the same direction as I was going, and I got six before we parted ways. I've now got enough to drop into a wishing well and make a wish. Wishing wells, magical unicorns - there really never is a dull moment in Munzee.
 
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about how the Irish Taoiseach has got the arse. Ever since the UK government got the legal thumbs-up to send illegal immigrants to Rwanda the illegal immigrants have started running to Ireland; they don't want to go to Rwanda, do they? Not surprisingly, the Irish don't want them, and the Irish want the British to take them back. The British government is taking the line that if we take illegal immigrants back from one EU country when they leave the UK, then the EU should take them back from us if they enter the UK from the EU. That strikes me as quite reasonable.  And so all of them coming across the channel from France should go back to France. The French aren't keen...
Hopefully if the word gets out that the UK won't house them any more, the illegal immigrants will stop coming, and the entire Rwanda thing will be resolved. Whilst I do feel for the poor people running from all sorts of horrors, once they are safe (entering Europe) do they really need to keep running for hundreds of miles to come to the UK? (No - they don't!)
And there was another interview with Patrick Harvie the leader of the Scottish Green party. Ostensibly being interviewed about the plight of the Scottish premier he was (just like I mentioned last week) more keen on spouting what he'd come to spout; talking through everything the interviewer put to him.
 
As I worked “er indoors TM sent the news that the birds had started scoffing from the feeder I'd got them last Thursday. Just as well; it cost enough. So far they've only had a go at the seed feeder. Hopefully they will have a go at the fat balls eventually.
She also said that the fish food and my new trousers had arrived too.
And “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMsent me the Weiner Dog song. Since he got his own mobile he's been sending me occasional silly videos from Lube-Tube (as he used to call it).
 
Getting home took some doing this evening. I eventually got out of the works car park at about the time I would usually get home; there was some major hold-up on the roads. I got home to find I had two friend requests on Facebook.
What a pair of delightful young ladies…
The more innocent looking one (on the left) had sent a quite indecent message with her friend request. The other one just sent the photo. However bearing in mind the sort of saucy undercrackers that these sorts usually wear, I think that this one has a lot of catching up to do…
 
I’ve got to go to work again tomorrow. Three days on the trot – can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment