15 April 2024 (Monday) - Stuff

I had a rather restless night alternating between night sweats and shivering, and woke about five o’clock with a rather grim hangover.
I got up, went to the loo and found one of the dogs had beat me to it; there were two piles of poop by the back door. I suppose whoever it was had tried to get outside.
 
I made toast, and watched the first episode of the Sky TV documentary about UFOs. Fortunately fast-forwarding through the adverts cut an hour-long program down to forty minutes. The first episode could be summed up in a few seconds… Most UFOs aren’t U at all. Most can be explained. However quite a few can’t be explained, and there is an international conspiracy to ensure that  anyone who takes these seriously gets laughed at.
I then tuned in to the Internet to see how the Foxy Morons were doing. Overnight there had been no updates. Was this because there is no Internet signal in the outback, or because their shitbox “Sharon” had conked out?
 
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about some report into child poverty in the UK which has just been published. Some woman was being interviewed on the subject. I wish I could remember who she was; she made the earth-shattering observation that if children's parents have a job them children are less likely to be in poverty. Would you believe it? These people get paid for working out stuff like this, you know.
And there was an interview with some confrontational Israeli who started off by saying what a peaceful bunch his people are, but went on to boast about how aggressive they can be (as though that was a good thing). He ranted on about the recent attack on Israel in which the RAF shot down a number of drones for them. Like the Ukrainian chap being interviewed last week, this chap felt it was his personal right to have the rest of the world financing their war.
 
Pausing only briefly to cap two QrewZees I made my way to work. There was cake, which is always a good thing. I have no idea where the cake came from; a load of rather good obviously home-made buns appears in the rest room, and I just scoffed one.
It would be rather easy to assassinate me - just leave poisoned food laying about and I will quite happily scoff it.
 
With work done I came home and again had to park two streets away. I took the opportunity to knock on the door of the house with all the bricks in the garden. Again no one answered the door.
“er indoors TM boiled up a decent bit of dinner and went bowling. I watched the second episode of the UFO documentary; this featured some chap from the US Navy who saw a UFO and went mental.
I don’t think I shall bother with the final two episodes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment