9 April 2024 (Tuesday) - Busy, Busy

Having been asleep in the sofa for most of yesterday evening I had an early night last night and slept through till seven o’clock this morning.
I made toast and tuned in to Facebook. Apparently fourteen years ago I made a video. I used to make loads of silly videos back in the day. I should make more. And I saw some friends were having birthdays. I sent out birthday wishes to all; including an old schoolfriend. I’ve not seen him in person in over thirty years. Really should catch up before it is too late,
 
I loaded the dogs into the car and we drove over to Henwood to collect “er indoors TM who had taken her car to be serviced. We fetched her home where there was loads of parking… but we weren’t stopping. Leaving her to get on with work we drove up to Kings Wood. As we drove the defence minister was on the radio talking about the recruitment crisis faced by the armed forces. It turns out that when making career choices, youngsters aren’t keen on a job which involves regularly being shot at. Funny, that.
And Mattel (the games manufacturer) has launched a new version of Scrabble which is easier and less competitive; designed to be more collaborative and accessible for those who find word games intimidating.
Am I really out of touch with reality when I say “F.F.S.!
 
We got to the woods. Some half-wit had driven a 4x4 over the raised mound and churned up the grassed area by the car park. If I knew who it was I would put a brick through their window and a turd through their letter box. I really would. There was no need to ruin that area,
But that aside we had a good walk. We got several locations for my next geo-project, and the further into the woods we walked so the more bluebells were out.
After five miles (or so) we were back at the car. Bearing in mind there was loads of parking spaces when we’d dropped “er indoors TM off earlier, we came home to find no parking spaces.at all. We parked two streets away, and I popped to the corner shop for pastries with our coffee.
 
With coffee and croissant guzzled, I mowed the lawn and sawed up off-cuts to make some wooden supports for the pond filter’s hose reel. I’ve got an epic reel for the pond filter’s hose, but for it to work properly I need to get it up off the ground onto some sort of spindle. Just as I sawed through my finger rather than the wood so “er indoors TM announced her car was ready to collect. I stemmed the flow of blood and I took her over to get it.
We came home and having sawed the wood I needed, and having stopped bleeding, I screwed the spindle supports together. And then it started raining so I came in. The dogs looked peckish so they had a late brekkie. Morgan and Bailey yummed theirs up. Treacle waited till they’d finished so they could watch her eating hers.
Seeing the rain had stopped I went int the garden again, and before I could do much so the rain started again. I came in and had a sot of lunch. A SlimFast bar that expired last June. It wasn’t what it might have been, but to be honest those things aren’t much even when they aren’t nine months expired.
 
Seeing blue skies I went back outside; I wanted to test unwinding and winding my pond filter’s hose reel on its new spindle. I got it all set up and the heavens opened so I retreated indoors again. I made a start on the on-line parts of my latest geo-project, then seeing the rain had stopped again went outside and tested the hose reel on its new spindle.
It worked fine.
I was in the throes of fiddling with the pond’s aerator when “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” phoned. She’d found a new bed for “Darcie Waa Waa TM; could I collect it for her? No I couldn’t as it wouldn’t fit in the car. Would I carry it a couple of hundred yards up the road for her?
I drove down to Folkestone, carried the bed a couple of hundred yards up the road and came home.
 
“er indoors TM is currently having a Teams meeting with her mates. I’m having a rest. On a non-work day I usually do about twelve thousand steps. Today I’ve done eighteen thousand. I’m knackered…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment