5 April 2024 (Friday) - Goats

As I scoffed toast this morning I saw an impressive squabble on one of the Star Trek Facebook groups that I follow about some trivial point in a Star Trek episode from fifty years ago. As the argument went on it became painfully clear that the more vocal people in the quarrel hadn’t actually watched much “Star Trek”. Some people just like an argument.
I had some emails. My credit score with credit karma has gone up by nine points. Even though I’ve halved my working hours and the pension people haven’t stumped up yet. I have to wonder what that score is actually scoring.
And I had an email about the dog insurance. It turns out that the Dog Club has got a specific policy for dog clubs through the Repton people, so that’s my mind at rest.
 
Leaving “er indoors TM with the dogs I set off on a little Munzee mission round town, then set off down the motorway to Folkestone. As I drove I listened to Dr Tim Spector on Desert Island Discs; a favourite radio program of mine. Like all the other castaways on that show Dr Spector has had a fascinating life, but has a frankly dreadful taste in music.
I got to Folkestone where Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was tearing her hair out. She was ready to go, but being too small to know any different, “Darcie Waa Waa TM was just being difficult. And “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMwas still in bed.
 
We eventually got ourselves organized and set off back up the motorway. It wasn’t long before we were in the car park of Buttercups goat sanctuary putting on our wellies.
We had an excellent hour or so at the place. You can walk in and pet the goats. They are very friendly. You can feed them too (with bags of goat food bought at the place). Feeding is done from the other side of a fence as they can get rather forceful and demanding. It is suggested that you don’t feed the goats wearing the purple collars, but I never did find out why. I did notice that when feeding, the ones with the red collars were rather pushy and it was quite tricky making sure that a goat without a red collar got some food.
Darcie Waa Waa TM seemed rather put out that the goats didn’t sit and offer a paw before getting fed. I suppose I can see her point; the dogs at home have to do that, so why shouldn’t the goats?
We did chuckle when having an ice-cream at the sanctuary’s shop. An epically fat woman who had just gone arse-over-tit in the mud (and was caked in mud) was having a real spiteful rant at her mate who had just come out of the shop with two bags of goat food. What good was goat food to her? She couldn’t eat it. And she wasn’t joking, either.
After an hour or so we washed our hands and wandered back to the car. If ever you are in the Maidstone area and at a loose end I can’t recommend the goat sanctuary highly enough.
I took a few photos whilst we were there.
 
We returned to Folkestone for McDinner. Some little brat was running round the place screaming. I just kept quiet and watched. After ten minutes and various pointed comments from pretty much everyone else in the place, the brat’s mother (rather pathetically) asked him to sit down. The brat stopped, looked mother in the eye, said “No” and carried on running.
Perhaps a crack on the arse might have shown the brat the error of its ways?
 
I took Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and her tribe home, then came home myself. I had planned to take the dogs out, but “er indoors TM had already taken them on a little adventure of their own, so I had a cuppa and a much-needed few minutes rest.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up pie and chips which we scoffed whilst watching more episodes of “Lego Masters: New Zealand”. Again fast forwarding through the adverts reduced an hour’s recording to forty minutes.
Who still watches adverts in this day and age?

No comments:

Post a Comment