4 April 2024 (Thursday) - It Rained

I awoke at eight o’clock and spent a couple of minutes watching Morgan and Bailey scrapping until they noticed I was awake. They mobbed me for a minute or so, then we all came downstairs for brekkie.
There were two squabbles on Facebook this morning. One was on a “Dad’s Army” page I follow in which someone had made a tit of himself by not reading what someone else had written. Having read the first word, assumed the rest, and launched an utterly unfounded and irrelevant rant he was then just compounding his error.
The other was an April Fool’s joke that had backfired. If you change the name of a Facebook group it would seem you can’t change it again for a month. And so what was once a Sparks-related page will be attracting a lot of womble-related interest until May.
 
Seeing a bright day outside I loaded the dogs into the car and we set off to Challock. As we drove there was a rather interesting program about the life and times of Nikola Tesla. As is so often the case, for all that he was a genius, money is made by showmen and those who start off with money.
We got to the woods. There were four cars in the car park, and we saw three other dog walkers; all within a hundred yards of the car park. About a mile into the woods we met a woman on a horse. I whistled and all three dogs turned away from the horse and came to me to get their leads put on. They then stood as good as gold quietly watching the horse walk by. They behave far better when it’s just me with them.
At our furthest point form the car park so the blue skies suddenly turned black and the heavens opened. We were soaked by the time we got back to the car.
 
We came home for a warming shower. I put wet clothes into the washing machine and then over a cuppa I piddled about on-line. The Dog Club insurance was due. However there’s an issue with the Dog Club. The club runs reasonably well, but what happens when there is an issue or something needs to be done? The chap who started it left some time ago. The chap who took over set up a WhatsApp group of people who’d offered to help him, and then disappeared himself. Having made the mistake of offering to be a point of contact for the Repton centre people, the Repton people contacted me earlier in the week asking for the insurance money (a reasonable request).
How do we raise it? I asked the WhatsApp group… I can remember the chap who used to run my old Boys Brigade group telling me that if I wanted to avoid getting anything done, I should set up a committee. After three days, only three of the eight people in the WhatsApp group replied. I made a decision about how we would proceed. I’ve paid it and hopefully people will pay me their bit when they see me. It works out to about £2.50 per dog. I told the club what I’d decided via the club’s Facebook page.
Next time there’s something to be done I will just do it and tell people what I’ve done after I’ve done it.
 
I then had a little sweep around the garden. I wanted to do so much more out there, but the recent rain had made everything so wet. I had a little doze, then after lunch I got the third load of washing out of the washing machine and set about the ironing.
As I ironed I watched episodes of “Four In a Bed”. The people running a rather camp art gallery refused to put on a cooked breakfast because it would upset the art. The second people refused to put on a cooked breakfast because they’d converted their kitchen into a bedroom. And the last people refused to put on a cooked breakfast because it was too much arse ache. But they all criticized the others for not doing so.
 
“er indoors TM went shopping. I boiled up dinner. It didn’t turn out that bad really. As we scoffed we watched moreLego Masters: New Zealand”. I could make good Lego models better than the ones in the show *if* I had access to the brick pit with two million Lego bricks and if I didn’t have such a strict time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment