24 July 2023 (Monday) - Back To Work

With the schools all being off from today I had this idea that the roads (particularly the motorway) would be quieter and so I might get away with leaving for work rather later this morning. And so I might have a (relative) lie-in. The dogs weren't spread-eagled; such a shame I had to spend much of the night clouting a snoring “er indoors TM .
 
I got up, wasted twenty minutes trying to find what I'd done with my sandwich box, then made toast and watched an episode of "Shameless" before setting off to work. As I drove I listened to the radio. Not having heard the news for a couple of weeks I wondered what I'd missed in the world.
Precious little really.
The drive to work took about forty minutes; I listened to the radio the entire way and I can remember hardly anything. The only point of note was the revelation that the green initiatives needed to save the planet are costly, and are a vote -loser. With most people voting for short-term interest it would seem that the political parties are considering dropping all green promises in order to get votes.
Have I ever mentioned about what a stupid idea democracy is?
 
I got to work; it was much the same as when I'd left it a couple of weeks ago. As I worked I saw someone – someone with whom I used to work some time ago had come to visit. We had a little catch-up; chatting with her reinforced my conviction that I am far better off where I work now than where I used to be.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up chops and chips and went bowling. I got out the ironing board.
It has to be said that today was rather dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment