11 July 2023 (Tuesday) - Southwold

Having walked the most amount of steps that my watch has ever recorded yesterday I slept well last night and wasn’t up for an hour uploading photos and writing diaries at four o’clock. So it was a shame the my watch felt the need to wake me at six o’clock to tell me that I was asleep. It really did vibrate (rather vigorously) and tell me that it had detected that I was asleep.
I got up and said goodbye to Victoria who had to go back to work today (which was a great shame, but there it is…) and then spent a rather frustrating hour fighting with the cottage’s wi-fi. It took five goes to upload yesterday’s photos.

The dogs were rather quiet this morning (tired from yesterday!) but eventually perked up when a full English breakfast appeared. As did I. We had a rather good bit of brekkie.

With brekkie scoffed we went out. It had rained hard overnight so again somewhere with firm ground underfoot would be a plan. We went to Southwold and had a look around. With four Adventure lab cache series there we had plenty of things to guide us around and help us explore. Series of cannons, old residences of the aristocracy, cannons, and haunted hedgerows…
It was a shame that the ad-lab geo-series had all been created utterly independently of each other. One was a straightforward run down the coast, the other three were rather random, one was sadly more an exercise of using Google, but that’s geocaching’s adventure labs for you.

We had a rather god ice cream and then headed back to base just as the drizzle started. As the girls jigsaw-ed I sat in an armchair and snored (loudly, I am told) for three hours. I was woken in time for dinner; and a rather good bit of dinner it was too.
I then offered sage advice to the jigsaw puzzlers, then sat outside watching the bats until the cherry pie was ready. A very good cherry pie.

I took a few photos today. These posted up first time. Today was rather more restful than yesterday had been, but I was still work out at the end of it. I had an early night. I needed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment