21 July 2023 (Friday) - Posing For The Camera

I slept well. When the dogs are settled, everyone is settled. I made toast and had a little look at the Internet as I do most mornings in the hope of seeing something new and interesting, enlightening or provocative. As usual I was rather disappointed.
I saw that two new geocaches had gone out (presumably) on the Romney Marsh; both needing some serious puzzle-solving effort before the things could be found. I’ll have a look at them when I’m bored…
There was an interesting post on one of the Sparks-related Facebook pages that I follow. Some chap was whinging. Having followed them on their worldwide tour he was disappointed that they played the same set at every venue. He must have some money(!) Others were getting rather nasty about him.
And three people on my Facebook friends list had birthdays today. Bearing in mind not one of them had made any effort to contact me over the last few years I found myself wondering if maybe I might prune that list a little.
 
I took the dogs out for a walk. As we drove to the woods so “Desert Island Discs” was starting; today featuring some footballer or other. I tried to listen, but it really didn’t grip my interest. Perhaps if I followed football I might have been more entranced, but I really can’t see the attraction of watching others hoofing a ball about. And for all that watching someone else hoofing a ball about is dull, listening to some sycophantic presenter rabbiting on about it was dull in the extreme.
I turned to my fall-back position of Ivor Biggun songs and sang along until we got to Kings Wood.
Once at the wood we wandered round for three miles (so my watch said). As we walked I waited until we were about as far from anyone else as we might be, and with no distractions I tried our latest futile pastime “posing for the camera”. It took quite a while to get any photos. Treacle sat still, but the puppies mobbed her; licking all round her muzzle (it’s a dog submissive thing). And when they finally stopped that nonsense so each would wander off as soon as I got the other into a posing position.
I can remember having problems getting Pogo and Fudge to pose as well…
 
We came home, and I pootled in the garden some more. A quick clean of the pond filter, a quick sweep round the yard, a quick blast with the Bionic Burner… and two hours later it all looked just the same as when I’d started.
I spent the afternoon slobbing by the pond reading the Secret Diary of Adrian Mole until the totally not-forecast rain started.
 
“er indoors TM sorted salmon for dinner. I’m reliably informed it was healthy. It wasn’t bad but might have been better with chips.
As we scoffed we watched a couple of episodes of “Bake Off – The Professionals”. There’s no denying I was hoping for some pretentious idiot to build some elaborate pastry construction only to have it collapse at the last minute.
I was sadly disappointed…

No comments:

Post a Comment