6 July 2023 (Thursday) - Little Bit of Politics

I slept through till four o'clock this morning after which time I lay awake terrified to move for fear of squishing Bailey. Despite her being possibly the smallest dog I've ever seen, she really does take up an inordinate amount of space on the bed.
Eventually I got up, made brekkie and watched an episode of "Shameless" which (in a novel break with tradition) didn't feature anyone "doing the dirty deed" with, on or at anyone else. A triumph for puritans everywhere.
 
I took my usual route to work past fifteen points of (Munzee) interest, listening to the radio as I went. Again the Labour party was doing its best to make itself unelectable. There was an interview with some Labour councillor from somewhere in London who seemed to think that a decent meal was the start and end of education, and simply by feeding kids everywhere we'd have a nation of Einsteins.  This was followed by all sorts of snippets from "Yesterday in Parliament" in which major figures of the Labour party were trying to say that the Prime Minister's priorities should have been bandying insults with them in the House of Commons rather than running the country.
I've said before that the Labour party boil my piss. In theory it is such a good idea; in principle a total disaster. They can't help having idiots in the membership, but do they have to elect them to high office? I can't help but think that the Labour party are seriously scared at the moment; with the Conservatives in utter disarray, a Labour government is a distinct possibility, and they are terrified of the prospect.
If a general election was called tomorrow we really couldn’t vote for the best choice; we’d be going for the least worst.
 
I got to work and did what I couldn't avoid. Today was another dull one, but I have high hopes for the immediate future.
With work done I came home, and we spent a little while packing and loading up the car. The plan is to drive off at half past five tomorrow morning, leaving “My Boy TM” in charge at home. I plan to send diary updates from deepest Suffolk, but if the Internet doesn’t reach that far I’ll be back in a week or so…

No comments:

Post a Comment