2 July 2023 (Sunday) - Gardening

Bearing in mind the gallon of ale I’d sunk yesterday (and an amaretto chaser) I woke feeling surprisingly chipper this morning. “er indoors TM seemed to be faintly miffed that I wasn’t suffering, but as I told her, hangovers are for wimps.
I recorded yesterday’s installment of history then had a look at the Internet. I was quite intrigued to read about the fire in Hastings yesterday. As my brother and I had been pub crawling round the old town, one of the buildings near the station had gone up in flames. We’d had several messages from concerned family as we’d been drinking, but as we’d walked to the station so nothing seemed untoward. It would seem the last bit of tidying up by the fire brigade had been done two minutes before we’d walked past.
 
I had an email from the antivirus company with whom I had a set-to the other night. They “wanted more information” about my request for a refund and gave me a web link which just led me through a circle of web pages. So I phoned them and this time I got through to someone whose phone seemed to be working. However her spoken English left a lot to be desired and she was clearly reading from a script. Obviously she didn’t want to give me a refund, but after a little to-ing and fro-ing I got my money back.
 
With nothing better to do with my time today I did some gardening. First of all in the front garden. Having had a few blasts round with the Bionic Burner I must admit I’m not impressed with the thing. Three weeks ago I had my first blast around the front garden with the Bionic Burner. And I’ve had a couple of goes in the meantime. There’s still as many weeds and grass growing between the cracks in the paving slabs as ever there was, and despite having bionically burned them, I’ve still got to get on my hands and knees and pull the things out, After all is said and done, the Bionic Burner was forty quid down the pan.
After an hour’s burning and weeding and sweeping, the front garden looked much the same as it ever did, and I moved into the back garden. I ran out the power cable, got out the strimmer, and within a second of having turned it on, Morgan appeared from nowhere, attacked it and had a full-on fight with it. He got marched inside for the duration of lawn mowing. I then hung out washing, trimmed back the overgrowth from not-so-nice-next-door’s various plants, cleaned out the pond filter, and had a look at a non-functioning water feature. I took the thing apart, cleaned it all out… and then realized that it worked fine *if* I actually plugged it in. Ho hum…
Pausing only briefly to install the new toilet seat I then got the washing in, ran round with the watering can and had a look at my Monkey Puzzle tree. I’m quite pleased with my Monkey Puzzle tree; “er indoors TM got it for me one wet bank holiday eight years ago. I set it up with a Facebook page and apart from occasional re-pottings left it pretty much to its own devices. It is now about five feet tall.
And then I realized I’d been on the go for over four hours
 
As the dogs scrapped I sat down and read my Kindle for a bit, then nodded off underneath a pile of dogs (who had worn themselves out) whilst “er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching more “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”.
I feel absolutely worn out… I shall just check out the new toilet seat, and provided I don’t have to take it all apart and start again I’m thinking of having an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment