22 July 2023 (Saturday) - A Lazy Day

 

During the week the carcass of a dead whale washed up in the beach to the south of us. This morning someone posted photos of it on-line, and told the world not to re-circulate his photos without written permission. Obviously loads of people did; several of them claiming to have been the ones who actually took the photos in the first place. Some people really do just go looking for an argument.
And there was still no message from the chap who was supposedly coming to collect some fish pond filter stuff. Having found a couple of bags of fish pond filter meshes and media in the shed the other day I put them onto Facebook marketplace a few days ago. Have you ever seen Facebook Marketplace? Whenever I’ve tried to buy anything I see complete knackered crap for twice the price of brand new from the shop. Right now I’m trying to sell brand new for a fraction of the shop price, and basically having people suggest I pay them to take it away for me… If any of my loyal readers want the insides for fish pond box filters, just let me know, otherwise it will go to the tip in a week or so. I’ve no use for the stuff and it is in my way.
 
Being Saturday we went round to dog club. There was quite a good turn-out today including one rather nervous older lady who seemed incredibly terrified by the whole concept of Dog Club. After a few minutes encouragement she let her little dog off the lead, and it was so good to see her little dog sniff around, say hello to everyone else and within minutes be having a great time. As was the lady.
Morgan and Bailey had their usual excitement, and Treacle made progress; if slowly. She sniffed a few bums, and tolerated other (non-family) dogs being between me and her when treats were being given out.
As we drove home Steve was doing the mystery year on the radio. I was sure it was 1973 right up to the last question… decimalization. 1971.
 
We settled the dogs and drove down to Folkstone where grandson “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMwas being something of a “pain in the glass” as he might say. Once he finally agreed to get dressed we went for a little walk (to McDonalds). I had the Big Mac; “Darcie Waa Waa TM had the pot of ketchup, and a great time was had by all.
We popped in to the ice cream shop on the way home where they had a very good range of ice creams at half the price we paid in Southwold a couple of weeks ago.
 
Pausing only briefly to get a cheeky FTF on a geocaching Adventure Lab we came home (via Tesco). The plan was to plant (chuck in the pond) the watercress we got in Tesco, but the rain was against us. And I wasn’t feeling very well, so I dozed on the sofa underneath a pile of dogs for most of the afternoon.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up pizza which we scoffed whilst watching another episode of “Bake Off: The Professionals”.
Today was a rather lazy one – for the first time in two weeks I walked under ten thousand steps today.

No comments:

Post a Comment