8 July 2023 (Saturday) - A walk, In The Garden

I woke feeling surprisingly chipper bearing in mind how much ale and port had gone down last night only to find it was three o’clock. I dozen on and off for a couple of hours, but being wide awake, got up, and was followed by two still very over-excited puppies. They went into the garden and ran amok. But quietly amok, which was a result.
I went inside to do that which they had done outside, and as they continued to run amok I fought with the cottage’s wi-fi. Uploading yesterday’ photos took some doing. The holiday cottage seems to have an aversion to Firefox, but on the third attempt I used the Chrome browser and all seemed to go well, and what with it only being half past six I went back to bed. 

After an hour or so I could hear movement so I got up, made a cuppa, and watched the dogs running riot round the garden as we all got up. We had brekkie; as we scoffed we puzzled the mystery year competition. Seeing how we would have otherwise missed it, I’d asked Steve for a heads-up and he sent us the questions.
1999 !!!

With brekkie scoffed we hopped into the cars and drove a little way up the road for a little walk. And we had a good walk. Fields and lanes, it was rather pretty if a tad hot. We had ice lollies and blue ice cream half way round. The dogs seemed to be rather partial to blue ice cream.
Geocache-wise it was hard work. Geocaches come with numbers rating how hard they are to find, and how awkward it is to get to them. Both had been seriously underestimated for most of the series. And the hints weren’t’ as helpful as they might have been. Billed as a walk of a couple of hours, we spent four.

With walk walked we came back to base and had a quick wash, then sat in the garden having a quiet afternoon. The dogs ensured that no pigeon set foot in the garden (which was kind of them) in between their snoring.
And we had a rather good bit of dinner.

I took a few photos today. I do that. And I had something of an early night. I was worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment