21 October 2020 (Wednesday) - Bit Dull

Sid was rather lively this morning when I got up, but he flatly refused to go outside. I had my shave and came out of the bathroom to find he’d crapped on the lino. He had a major sulk when I refused to let him into anywhere with a carpet.

I watched another episode of “The Job Lot” then had a look at the Internet. There was yet another squabble kicking off on one of the Lego-related Facebook pages. If you go into a Lego shop you can buy a pint of the Lego bricks for a tenner. You can get thousands of the little Lego flowers into a pint pot and lots more besides. Some chap was selling fifty of these flowers for three quid, and others were giving him stick for blatant profiteering. Mind you a lot of people do this. One of the chaps working on the Lego shop at Bluewater once told me there are people who come in to their shop every day and buy loads of the little bits; far more than anyone would ever use. He said he challenged a few of them; they openly admitted they were selling them on at a profit.

 

With nothing else of note going on I braved the rain and went to find where I’d left my car. I’d left it quite a way from home, and I was rather damp by the time I found it.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were interviewing Nottingham City Council leader David Mellen. Overnight the Prime Minister and the Health Secretary had both mentioned ongoing talks with Nottingham city council, but the leader of that council was adamant that no talks had taken place. So…

Either one side or the other doesn’t know what is going on and should be sacked for incompetence (is it too much to ask that our leaders know their arses from their elbows?)

Or one side or the other is lying and should be sacked for deliberately misleading the public. I have no idea which it is, but the Prime Minister does have a track record of telling porkies.

And that is entirely what is wrong with our country right now. The Prime Minister “tells porkies”. It is expected of him; everyone expects him to be disingenuous. Perhaps if we as a nation held our elected officials to a higher standard or if he were held to account like any public figure should be, might things be different?

 

As I drove to work it slowly got light. Or “lighter”, with the ongoing rain it was rather dismal when I arrived. It didn’t really brighten up all day, and was again dark when I got home. That’s the trouble with working at Tunbridge Wells; for much of the year when I am based there I leave for work in the dark and get home in the dark.

 

Gammon and chips, a tin of “Doctor Pepper”, an episode of “Taskmaster”… today was rather dull really.

No comments:

Post a Comment