17 September 2018 (Monday) - Resuscitation Rocks


I didn't sleep well. Many years ago I worked for a boss whose initials were "D.G." Many was the time we pondered over what the "G" stood for. I think the fellow was called "Derek Godfrey", but many suggestions were made; none of which were very complimentary. He died a couple of years ago, but last night he came back to my nightmares telling me his name was "Dead Guy".
I woke in a cold sweat.
Over a rather early brekkie I watched another episode of "The Job Lot" when I had another flashback to where I used to work.  One of the characters was portrayed as rather nasty, bone-idle and workshy. In fact it was uncannily a dead ringer for someone else from that workplace of years gone by.
Neither "er indoors TM" or either dog had stirred whilst I'd been pootling about. I left them all fast asleep and went on a little geo-mission before work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the ethics of pre-natal gender determination. It is possible to tell whether an unborn child is male and female *very* early in pregnancy, and in certain cultures female fetuses are being aborted because there is far more kudos in having a son than there is in having a daughter.
Can you believe it? We are in the twenty-first century, not the dark ages. Aren't we?
The pundits then played an interview they had recorded with the Prime Minister. She was talking about her plans for Brexit and (bless her) was doing her very best to polish a turd.  Perhaps history will judge her better, but as Prime Ministers go she is in the wrong place at the wrong time. The nation voted for Brexit... or (to be more precise) the nation had a choice between staying in the European Union or "something else". They nation voted for "something else" and Mrs. May is trying to come up with a "something else" that she hopes will suit everyone but seemingly suits no one.
She didn't come over very well on the radio. Love her or loathe her, Margaret Thatcher commanded respect. Mrs. May comes over as a bit of a twit. She's probably a very nice person, but she's not up to the job. But (as I said) she is in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one would want to be Prime Minister right now. Once Brexit has actually happened there will be no end of people after her job trying to clear up the mess she never made.
Poor cow.

I'd driven out to Hadlow this morning as there was a geocache there that hadn't been found for eighteen months. In order to find it you needed to solve a puzzle; the clues to which come from other geocaches that have been archived for over a year. Consequently it's not surprising that no bugger has found it for eighteen months. I solved the puzzle ages ago (on March 22nd 2015) , but only realised last night that I still had the solution.
Pausing only briefly to rip a hole in my trousers I soon had the thing in hand. Happy dance.
Another resuscitation cache – bearing in mind I only really got into these a month ago, my resuscitation list is rather impressive… If you are impressed by that sort of thing… Which I suspect most people aren’t.

As I drove on to work I pulled up in a lay-by to pick up another geocache. Just as I was finishing the secret geo-ritual a car pulled up and the driver wound down his window and stared at me like I was the shit on his shoe. I smiled at him (in a rather sickly way) until he cleared off, then I went on to work.

I did my bit at work, and came home via Bowen’s Field where a friend had been gardening. She’d excavated a dozen large rocks from her garden and wanted rid of them. I can use them as part of a garden project I have in mind. All I had to do was hoik them into the back of my car, drive them home, pop them into the back garden, given them a zap with the pressure washer, and off I go.
How easy it is to type that… I had help with the “hoik them into the back of my car” and I just about managed to “pop them into the back garden” before my back gave up.
I’ll do the rest later… I wonder if I have any decent trousers for work tomorrow. There’s a great big hole in this pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment