10 September 2018 (Monday) - A Little Stroll


I didn’t really sleep well last night. Perhaps I should have got up and watched telly at three o’clock rather than laying in bed trying (and failing) to nod off.
Over brekkie I watched more “Orange is the New Black”, then sparked up my lap-top to have a look-see at what had happened on the Internet overnight. Those who would spread discontent were banging on about “Share if you think British history should be taught in our schools again” even though it is. I wish people wouldn’t subscribe to this “I read it on Facebook therefore it must be true” mentality.
I then played “Bubble Witch Saga” until I got had off of a Doom Bubble (as one does from time to time).

We got the dogs organized and drove out to Rolvenden. "er indoors TM" wanted to hide a geocache or two in the area, and me and the dogs came for the outing. It was a rather good outing too. We had a very good walk along well-marked footpaths and lanes. I particularly liked the bit early in the walk when we went through the orchards – you can’t beat a fresh apple. Unfortunately it was at this point that Fudge stopped and refused to move. He eventually started again when I pulled a large thorn out of his paw. If only he could tell me what the problem had been…

There was one part where our route went awry though. As we were walking up a clearly marked footpath we met some half-wit with a bow and arrow who was randomly shooting arrows into the sky. Fortunately he was well away from the path. We came to where the footpath joined the road and found a locked gate barring the way. We back-tracked a little, but the GPS on the sat-nav was definite. We *were* on the footpath and someone had deliberately blocked it up.
It was at this point that the half-wit with a bow and arrow’s gran came out of a nearby cottage and politely explained we were on private land. I equally politely explained that we were on a public right of way and showed her the GPS evidence. She waved it away claiming that everyone thinks the well-marked footpath is a public right of way, but she claimed it wasn’t.
It was as well that we met the half-wit with a bow and arrow’s gran as we were able to re-route the geocaches away from the half-wit with a bow and arrow and from his gran.

As we walked we met loads of wildlife; some friendly cows, and some *incredibly* friendly cows. We met horses and sheep. There were llamas, and we even got to see a grass snake. We didn’t see any foxes, but there was evidence that they had been nearby. Fudge found the evidence… and rolled in it.
I even took one or two photos as we walked.

Having done this walk before we knew it would take a while… I thought we’d be done by early to mid-afternoon. We got home just after six o’clock. "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner and went bowling. I turned the volume up on the telly and watched “Orange is the New Black” as the dogs snored.
They seem to have had a tiring day…

No comments:

Post a Comment