2 September 2018 (Sunday) - Bridge to Adisham (and back)


I slept well until the dogs had something of a “Red Alert” when "er indoors TM" came home in the small hours. I slept rather fitfully after that.

Over brekkie I had a look-see at the Internet. I believe the football season started yesterday? Several people were commenting on Facebook about how their favourite football teams had fared. “We” did this, “we” won, “we” lost, “we” beat “you”.  People take the thing *so* personally. Over the years I’ve watched so many football games; at best I find it tedious. I wish I understood the attraction.
I also saw an acquaintance was selling a broken rabbit hutch. From the photos it looked as though the thing was fit for the dustbin. It *probably* could be repaired, but who is going to shell out good money on old rubbish when for ten quid more you could get something bigger, better and brand new from the pet shop? Selling knacked things on social media is a sad sign of our times. In years gone by you’d give your tat to the scouts or the boys brigade for their jumble sale. Nowadays you sell it yourself and pocket the profit. When did you last see a jumble sale?

"er indoors TM" and I got the dogs organised and we drove out to Bridge where we net Karl, Tracey and Charlotte. It has been quite a while since we had a walk together, and Fudge got rather over-excited as he does. I did feel sorry for any locals trying to have a lie-in; he would not stop shouting.
We then set off on a little walk. Needless to say there was a series of geocaches leading off from where we’d parked. Over fifty of the things; each one having a puzzle that we’d had to solve before we knew where to find it.
We had a rather good walk along lanes and paths and fields and tracks. As we walked we met sheep and horses and a rather friendly little donkey. We collected conkers and listened to the skylarks. We investigated old WWII pill-boxes. We climbed onto trig-points and dug in the dirt. And just a few hundred yards from the end we found a pub. We sat in the afternoon sunshine and whilst some of our group had a few beers, others spent the time barking at the pub’s dogs.
It had been a rather good walk; I took several photos.

Once home "er indoors TM" had a quick shower and went bowling. I made myself a cup of coffee to slurp with the last of that rather good banana bread that "er indoors TM" made the other day, and I fell asleep.
What a waste of an evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment