8 July 2018 (Sunday) - Your Enemy's Toaster


I was woken by my alarm today. It is very rare that an alarm wakes me; usually if I set one I am awake ages before it Is due to go off, but a combination of a night shift ad a day in the sun had taken their toll.
I got up; Treacle was fast asleep on the bed with "er indoors TM" and Fudge was snoring in his basket. I scoffed brekkie whilst watching “Trailer Park Boys”. Employing the old maxim “keep your friends close and your enemy’s toaster”, our heroes were attempting to steal Randy’s toaster.

I had a look at Facebook as I do. I was surprised at just how few photos had been posted from Brighton Kite Festival. It looks as though not that many of the kite-fliers had actually gone down for the weekend. I understand there was a big falling-out in the kite world a few years ago. Is the squabble still on-going? No matter what you do in life, there is always petty bickering.

As I walked down the road to my car I saw that someone had twisted my car's wing mirror right back. And not just the one on my car, but on all of the cars up the road.  Fortunately no damage was done. I've noticed that this happens from time to time; usually (like last night) when the England football team has a victory. For some reason the brainless oiks seem to think that bending back wing mirrors is some form of celebration.
I wish they wouldn't.

I turned on the car’s radio. Those who delight in mischief were trying to stir discontent by claiming that Boris Johnson didn't agree with the Prime Minister's Brexit plans, even though he's said he does.
And after ten minutes of their trying to make a story out of nothing they handed over to the religious types who again were banging on about how the concept of gay marriage causes divisions in the Christian community. I don't see why it should cause any divisions at all. The Bible is clear on the mater - all Christian teaching says it is wrong. End of.
Personally I disagree with Christian teaching and he Bible. Personally I also think that those so-called Christians who were on the radio disagreeing with Christian teaching *really* ought to find out a thing or two about their choice of superstition before going on national radio to show their ignorance. But what do I know?

I *could* have had McBrekkie this morning, but I've got the hump with the Aylesford McDonalds. Instead I went to the works canteen where I had a rather good fry up, and then I got on with my work. Whilst I have had worse shifts, today's wasn't one of the better ones. I was pleased when the late shift came in, and doubly pleased when I got to walk out.

​I came home to find "er indoors TM" was on an errand for her sister, so I took the dogs round the park. It was rather warm, but I took some water for the pups and we kept to the shadier parts of the paths.
As we walked I was conscious of a commotion behind us. A father was trying to get a small daughter to cycle; she wouldn’t come within fifty yards of the dogs without becoming hysterical. You would have thought with all the park to cycle in they didn’t need to follow us, wouldn’t you? They finally came past us when the dogs went into the river at the dog beach; father was smiling sheepishly and the little girl was glaring daggers at me. I suppose that at the end of the day the little girl is the one who loses out.
If that had been me and a younger "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" I wouldn’t have pandered to her and would have insisted she stopped being so silly. Mind you a younger "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" would probably have punched me up the throat.

We came home where we all had a sleep until "er indoors TM" came home with KFC. Very tasty. She then went off bowling. I watched more “Trailer Park Boys” then “Poldark”. I wasn’t the only one with an eye on Demelza’s heaving bosom; it can only be a matter of time before Dr Ennis “has a portion”. The beast!


No comments:

Post a Comment