7 July 2018 (Saturday) - Fordwich


As I drove home I actually laughed out loud when I heard the pundits on the radio talking about the latest developments with the Brexit debacle. I don't pretend to understand the finer details of international law, but from what I could work out it seems that after Brexit, the UK will still have to comply with all the EU's rules for international trading. If the UK don't then the EU won't trade with us. End of.
I can remember several people on the lead-up to the Brexit vote being *extremely* vociferous about "not being beholden to foreigner's rules", and here we are. Every bit as "beholden to foreigner's rules" as we were before Brexit, but no with absolutely no input to the making of these rules (which we *did* have before we voted it away).
If I didn't laugh, I might cry.

I had a quick look-see at the Internet over brekkie. Yesterday I mentioned that I'd emailed geo-HQ about a problem I was having with a Wherigo GWZ file. Geo-HQ had emailed to say that they didn't support the entire Wherigo concept any more. That's handy... I'm just glad I hadn't embarked on the hundreds of hours of programming for the Crystal Maze - based Wherigo I'd been thinking about.
There were also a few postings from Stanmer Park where Brighton Kite Festival was taking place. In years gone by Brighton Kite Festival was a big part of my annual calendar. It was suggested that we went there this year; it might have been fun, but I've not flown a kite for a few years. I can't help but feel it would be taking the piss to turn up just for the cheap camping.

We got ourselves organized and drove out to Fordwich where we met Tracy, Karl and Charlotte. The dogs were equipped with their cooling bandanna-collars (as It was a hot day) and we went for a little walk. The “Woodland Walk” series of geocaches was ideal for today; a relatively short walk most of which was under tree cover. We saw the biggest monkey-puzzle tree you ever did see. We played on rope swings. We completely lost the footpath. We met several people on horses.
Today’s walk was only a short one; we were soon back at the cars, and a little walk from where we’d parked had us at the Fordwich Arms. A rather good pub; as well as four decent ales on the hand pumps they had home-made pork scratchings and vegetable crisps. We had a good time in the beer garden scoffing and drinking
I took a few photos whilst we were out.

What with the night shift and the heat of the day and the beer I slept most (all) of the way home. I then slept some more until Sarah and Nick arrived for the evening and we had a rather good time making plans for next weekend.
I have often said that God laughs when we make plans… we shall see…

No comments:

Post a Comment