6 February 2018 (Tuesday) - Droning On

Having slept for much of yesterday evening I was surprised that slept rather well last night. But I was still up half an hour before the alarm was due to go off this morning. Leaving "er indoors TM" and the hounds snoring I got up and over brekkie watched an episode of “Dad’s Army”. For all that I run the show down, I must like I as I watch so much of it.

I then sparked up my lap-top to stare into cyber-space. Not much had happened on social media overnight which was probably for the best. I managed to avoid most of the spoilers about last night’s episode of Star Trek. I was pleased about that.
However I had an email from LinkedIn telling me that Beth Lorraine has been working as a business development manager at Tangerine Search and Selection Ltd for ten years. I have absolutely no idea who Beth Lorraine is; apparently she is one of my connections on LinkedIn. I wonder who she is?
I then spent a little while perusing the geo-map. I then had a thought and did a little looking-up… four local hunters of Tupperware got a hundred First to Finds between them last month. One’s not hidden a cache for a year, one’s not hidden one for a couple of years, one not for five years, and one not ever…

As I drove to work I was amazed that there was no sign at all of yesterday’s light dusting of snow. I found myself stuck behind a very slow lorry; as I pootled along the pundits on the radio spent the entire time talking about today’s being the one hundredth anniversary of women finally getting the vote in the UK. However they totally glossed over the fact that up till that point the vast majority of men didn’t have the vote either.
I found the whole thing rather patronising and somehow offensive. The implication was that it was in some way my fault that women didn’t get to vote for much of recorded history.

I got to work; I had a rather good day getting to grips with the intricacies of feto-maternal haemmorages (as one does) and came home through several attempts at snow flurries. "er indoors TM" was already home and had walked the hounds when I got there; she’s been sent home early following a water leak.
It’s all right for some…

Being Tuesday the clans gathered. Today in Arden Drive. We bandied insults, we watched an episode of “Gotham”, Chris demonstrated his new drone. The drone was rather impressive – I’m not sure if it quite *that* many pounds worth of impressive, but I’m sure it could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment