5 February 2018 (Monday) - It Snowed



I had a rather traumatic night plagued with vivid dreams in which I had been appointed vicar of the local church and was charged with conducting some arcane ceremony involving bags of salt and vinegar crisps. Rather nonsensical, but probably no more so than what goes on in real churches.
I got up shortly after half past five, and nearly tripped over Fudge who was on the bedroom floor. He’d managed to come upstairs, but the jump on to the bed was a bit much for him.

Over brekkie I watched an episode of “Dad’s Army” which the SkyPlus box had recorded for me (it is kind like that). Watching it passed half an hour, but as usual the show had no thought-out end. It just bumbled along, and after thirty minutes they just ran the credits.
I then sparked up my lap-top to have a look-see at the Internet. Very little had happened on Facebook overnight. More and more Facebook is becoming something that people just look at rather than actively contribute to, which is a shame.
And with no emails of note I got myself organised and set off to work.

There was a light dusting of snow on my car. As I drove closer to work the snow got thicker (not that there was *that* much of the stuff). As I drove I listened to the radio. Apparently there are calls for the NHS to be funded by a special tax. Money raised would be ring-fenced. At the moment all tax money gets chucked into a pot; the idea is that by allocating some to the NHS the public could see that their tax money gets spent on the NHS.
An odd idea… it wouldn’t raise any more money that is already paid in tax. And what do the public think currently funds the NHS?

The pundits then wheeled on Labour MP Hilary Benn who spoke about the latest Brexit plans. He spoke to ten minutes without actually saying anything at all.
And I got a little bit cross when Lauri Love’s father was interviewed. Lauri Love has criminally hacked into pretty much every computer in America that he shouldn’t (over a period of a year) and doesn’t want to face justice. His father was banging on about how terrible American prisons are, and what a delicate little petal Lauri is. I can’t help but think that American prisons are deliberately terrible to make sure that delicate little petals don’t act in such a stupid way that they will end up in one.
But what do I know?

I had a rather good day, but had something of a brainstorm. Thinking that going home time was what it used to be when I worked somewhere else, I shoved off rather early. Woops(!) I shall make up the time tomorrow.

Once home "er indoors TM" boiled up some scran, then went bowling leaving me “home alone” with my dogs. I watched a film I’d recorded last night. “Queen and Country” started well, but I fell asleep less than half way through…

No comments:

Post a Comment