18 February 2018 (Sunday) - Family Dinner



I slept reasonably well. I would have slept better had Treacle not spent much of the night stomping about as she so often does. Over brekkie I had a look-see at the Internet. Yesterday’s geo-meet had received favourable comments; I was pleased at how well it went. There were people at their first meet ever, there were people who had just completed their twenty thousandth geo-find. There were people from eight to eighty years old. I’ve now organised seven official geo-meets, and I’ve been rather pleased with all of them.

My plans for a leisurely brekkie were thwarted by Fudge who wouldn’t stop squeaking at us until I’d taken him out.  So whilst "er indoors TM" hoovered and tidied, I took the hounds round the park.
As we walked along the river I saw a beautiful sight. A heron was gliding gracefully through the air, gently coming down to the river, where it hit the ice like a sack of spuds. It wasn’t expecting that! The poor bird picked itself up with a most indignant expression. I did laugh.
Mind you I didn’t laugh at Fudge. He goes oh-so-slowly forwards, and when he sees another dog he goes running off at top speed in the wrong direction. After retrieving him for the third time he went back onto the lead.
There was a minor incident when a cyclist screamed in terror as we crossed the road, but I don’t think we can be blamed for that. We were crossing the road (as you do) when some idiot woman did an emergency stop on her bike and shrieked. We were far too far away for her to be realistically shrieking at us, but there was nothing else at all shriek-worthy to be seen. I wonder what that was all about?

We came home, settled the pups and pausing only briefly to collect my car from where I’d left it yesterday we went round for "My Boy TM". Together we all drove out to the Queen’s Head in Icklesham where we met my mum and dad and we had a rather good Sunday roast. I quite like the Queen’s Head; the food is good, and they have an award for being in the Good Beer Guide for thirty consecutive years.
It was good to catch up with mum and dad. Should do it more often really…

We came home via Ham Street garden centre where they were selling all sorts of stuff for double the price that everyone else sells it for. And after a little scrubble round the flag-pole (for geo-reasons) we came home and walked the dogs round the park.

I geo-puzzled for a bit, then with "er indoors TM" off bowling I settled on the sofa with my dogs and watched an episode of “The Crown” on Netflix. It was rather good… I might watch another one in a bit…

No comments:

Post a Comment