30 June 2014 (Monday) - CT Scan

I didn't sleep at all well last night. I always know when I am up far too early as my dog is still asleep at that time. Today I got all of my toast to myself as I watched "Family Guy".
I set off to work far earlier than I might have done, and as I drove I listened to the radio. According to the pundits the recent appointment of Herr Juncker to the position of president of the European Union (riding roughshod over the wishes of the British Prime Minister) means one of two things. Either as a compromise Britain will get the reforms to the EU charter for which Britain has been hoping. Or as a demonstration of his new-found power Herr Juncker will tell the British to get knotted (and good riddance to us). I wonder which way it will go

I stopped off at Morrisons on my way to work and (as usual) the self-service checkouts broke. I gave up using the one that was randomly flashing at me and moved to the next. A rather irate member of staff bustled over and demanded to know what was wrong. I told her it was the same thing that has been wrong with that particular machine for over a year, and that she knew the problem very well as she is always grumbling about that machine.
As I walked off, said assistant had a face like a smacked arse.

I arrived at work three hours earlier than I might have done, put my lunch in the fridge, and went down to the CT suite to get my long awaited sinus scan done. My appointment was for 8.30am; I got there at 7.55am and was seen instantly. The CT machine was like something out of "Star Trek", and it soon had my head scanned.
I just hope the images are of use to the ENT people. I shall ring them in a day or so to find out where we go from here.

With a spare couple of hours before I was due "on deck" I went into Canterbury. I had a cheque to pay into the bank, I had a geo-puzzle I'd solved last week to go find, and there were a few caches and munzees to be tracked down as well. I found one out of the three caches I went for, found about half the munzees I was after, and completely forgot to go to the bank.
On the plus side I did get a McBanana milk shake and a Greeg's bacon twist.

And so to work where I did my bit. I had an interesting episode during my lunch break. As I walked to my car so some fat woman followed me in her car. As I opened the boot of my car to get my sax out; she wound down her car window to ask how long it would be before I left. I told her it would be about five hours as I was on my lunch break and wouldn't be finished until 8pm. She sat and glared at me as I started practicing. After a few minutes she called over to ask if I might like to go practice somewhere else so she could park her car. I shouted back that I wouldn't. She then got really irate and went off on a rant about how she needed to park her car and how I could practice a saxophone anywhere. I told her that whilst I *could* practice a saxophone anywhere, she couldn't park a car anywhere; and specifically not in a designated staff car park. Said fat woman then told me that I was lying when I claimed that we were in a staff car park, got out of her car, marched over to the signs saying that it was a staff car park, glared at them, marched up to me and told me "this is all most irregular" and then drove off.
I wish all of my other problems would do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment