1 March 2019 (Friday) - Boot Dogs


Despite Treacle and Pogo having a minor spat in the small hours I slept rather well. It was a shame that the bin men had to make quite so much noise at six o’clock.
I got up and looked at our smart meter. Day one on our new cheaper leccie and gas tariff and we seem to have used thirty per cent more (in money) by getting-up-time than usual. This doesn’t bode well.

There wasn’t much happening on Facebook this morning, and my email was equally dull. But I did have a message about the camera I bought last night on eBay. It was being posted. My digital camera has been knacked for some time. It would cost thirty quid to have it replaced, but a new one would only cost me fifteen quid.

I got the dogs organised and got them into the car. "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" always laughs when we have “boot dogs”. We drove up to Stalisfield. Yesterday I reached the point where I had found every geocache within seven miles of home. Pushing that radius up to eight miles might just be possible. Or so I thought. I had a dozen caches to find to achieve this goal, and four of them were close enough together to make up a rather good walk for the morning.
We parked up in what I hoped was the village hall’s car park, and wandered across muddy fields and along quiet lanes. There were sheep in one field who seemed very interested in the dogs, and the dogs had a good run about in some woods. We walked for about two miles and didn’t see another person at all. I was glad to have my phone with me – just in case.
Geocache-wise I found two of my targets and logged “didn’t find” on the other two. Bearing in mind both were billed as low difficulty I’m wondering if they were there or if they had gone missing. Mind you also bearing in mind that some days (geocachically-speaking) I can’t find my own bum with both hands I’m also wondering if a return visit with some help might be a plan.
I took a few photos as we walked. Soon I will have a new camera to do that with.

We walked for about an hour and a half, and then came home again. Once home all dogs had their muddy paws washed, then I got the pressure-washer out and had a go at the back yard. As I scrubbed, so Pogo got cross. The pressure-washer was really bothering him for some odd reason. I scrubbed as well as I could, but the trouble with a pressure washer is that it just lifts the dirt from the surface you are washing. You are then left with a sea of grubby water. I scrubbed and swept the water until my back was too tender. It was at this point that the rain also started, so I took that as being as good a time as any to pack up.

I got a sandwich from the corner shop and scoffed it whilst watching an episode of “Titans”, then built a little Lego, watched more “Titans”, then did a bit of C.P.D.
"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner and as we scoffed it we watched “Star Trek: Discovery” and “The Orville”. It pains me to admit that Star Trek is fast falling into second place here…

No comments:

Post a Comment