14 October 2018 (Sunday) - Feeling Under the Weather


Despite a few trips to the loo in the night I slept far better than I might have done. I staggered up at about half past eight and over brekkie I stared into Facebook and was rather amazed at just how many people had been following my adventure yesterday. Going live on social media is great – I wish more people would tell the world what they are doing.
I saw I had an email from Amazon offering me two quid off the price of books that I didn’t want. "er indoors TM" fought with the dogs for no apparent reason, and I wasted some time playing “Bubble Witch Saga”.

We got ourselves sorted, and being at a bit of a loose end today we drove down to the Sene Valley golf course where three geocaches made for a rather good dog walk; especially when two of them hadn’t been found for over a year. Two more resuscitations; not too shabby. It was a rather good little walk. Rather short, and it would have been a better walk had it not crossed the golf course where we tried not to upset he normal people.

With walk done we drove up to Hawkinge. The monthly geo-meet was taking place today. The monthly geo-meet used to be a regular fixture on the calendar; I’ve let it sip recently but today I wasn’t feeling on top form (can’t think why!)  and so slobbing about drinking coffee and talking Tupperware fitted the bill quite nicely.
Mind you, for all that it was a rather good meet, the things aren’t what they once were. With less than twenty people along today I wonder if the whole “monthly meet” thing needs a re-boot.

With the meet done we took the hounds for another short walk, and then came home where I promptly fell asleep. Eventually I woke and ironed my shirts. "er indoors TM" boiled up a good bit of dinner, and as she went off bowling I watched this week’s episode of “Doctor Who”. It was marginally better than last week’s. I liked the reference back to Jon Pertwee’s Doctor. But it still hasn’t quite got there yet…

I too haven’t quite “got there” yet either. Perhaps another night’s sleep might help. Back in the day I could handle the after-effects of far too much beer much better…

No comments:

Post a Comment