16 October 2018 (Tuesday) - Late Shift


This morning Facebook told me I had a friend request from “Vanessa Bridge”. She seemed to have quite the epic chest, but unlike other people who have recently sought my on-line friendship, she seemed to have her chest under some (if limited) control.
I spent a little while following the on-line postings of a chap I barely know. I’ve met this fellow a few times in the pub. He added me as a Facebook friend some time ago, and I am *so* glad he did. His life is one big rollercoaster of adventure as he tells the world every sordid little detail of his disastrous love affairs. Having been goosed up by his ex-best friend (who everyone but him knew was gay), he’s now sulking because this supposedly gay ex-best friend is now podgering his ex-girlfriend. He is posting screenshots of email after email about this sad state of affairs. Apparently his ex-best friend and ex-girlfriend are both applying for a court injunction to stop him harassing them. Somehow he sees this as evidence that they are podgering each other and he says can’t wait until the police return his phone so he can prove it all.
I can’t wait either… We might even find out just why the police have got his phone in the first place.

Once I’d wrestled my socks back from Treacle we went for a little walk round the park. We met a Labrador; we’ve met him before. He’s got a very bad leg and now has to have hydrotherapy. Poor pup. But he still likes his walks. If only Fudge wouldn’t try to hump him.
As we came back through the co-op field the dogs played “chase”. Treacle is *so* good with Fudge when playing “chase”. She is very much faster than he is when they run, but when she is being chased you can see she deliberately goes slow enough for Fudge to keep up. And when she is chasing Fudge she deliberately doesn’t quite go fast enough to catch him.

As I drove to work Women's Hour was starting. My heart sank, but they said they were going to have an article aimed at the older listeners to explain all about "the trans thing".  I don't understand "the trans thing" at all, and so listened hoping I might learn something. I don't want to be reactionary and closed-minded. I *want* to understand, I get loads of friend requests on Facebook from them, but I got *so* confused with it all...
There was a panel of various so-called experts. Each of these would present a so-called fact about trans people, and all of the other experts would then disagree with it, dismiss it out of hand and generally argue about it. 
Things started badly when it was revealed that the entire "trans" concept has been dealt a rather serious blow. Up until recently in order to be "properly trans" you had to have a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria, but the World Heath Organisation no longer recognises it as a condition (apparently).  And the whole thing soon became nonsensical
Apparently deciding what gender you are is as simple as just announcing what you are... *but* if you are married then your partner has the right to veto your decision.
A rather strident feminist claimed that a lot of trans people are just doing it so they can sit and perve in the changing rooms of the opposite sex.
She claimed that if you identify as a woman you have the right to get changed in the women's changing room in the gym. And if the sight of your hairy cock and arse frighten the ten-year old girls then that is *their* problem and not yours. (Apparently some woman was recently taken to court for being discriminatory. She was wrong to suggest that some such trans person not change in the ladies changing rooms in front of the children).
People who are physically male have gone to women's prisons claiming to be women, then raped the women prisoners.
It was claimed that about eighty per cent of what we would call "trans" people are just carrying on as though they have changed gender, but still have whatever naughty bits they were born with and have no intentions of physically changing. 
As the program went on I became more and more confused. The only thing that really came out of it all was that the whole thing *really* hasn't been thought through. I was rather glad when it ended.

I drove out to the middle of nowhere for geocachical reasons. I'd been looking at the geo-map and had seen mention of a cache which hadn't been found for eighteen months. A quick rummage in the hedge and I was soon doing the happy dance in some mud. Another geo- resuscitation.  Go me !!
I'd also seen two other possible geo-resuscitations nearby but my hopes weren't high on getting lucky with them. They were part of a series of caches about which I'd heard many bad reports. Perhaps that soured my outlook; if I'd gone expecting to find something I might have found something...
One seemed to me in a hedgerow, but the overhead power lines may well have been scrambling the GPS signal.
The other was in the general vicinity of a second world war pill-box some fifty yards from the nearest path. Fortunately there were no crops to trample, so I just trespassed out there, had a rummage and trespassed back again.
I blanked at both. Either they have both gone, or the difficulty rating is too low.

Time was pushing on, so I made my way to the petrol station to re-fuel, and then on to work. Today the canteen was doing steak and kidney pudding. Not too shabby at all.
I had a rather busy shift, and then psyched myself up for the journey home. Having been told that the motorway was closed I was expecting the worst. I was only half an hour later home that usual. Not too late to watch today’s episode of “Bake Off”…

No comments:

Post a Comment