6 March 2018 (Tuesday) - Rostered Day Off

I slept like a log last night. I’ve been sleeping well for a few days now. I wonder why? I was woken by "er indoors TM"’s alarm which went off at half past seven. I got up, made my toast and as I started to scoff it "er indoors TM" went out to move her car (you can only park round the corner till eight o’clock). When she went out, both dogs jumped onto the back of the sofa, frantically worried about where she’d gone. I tried to console them both; they flatly ignored me.

As I scoffed brekkie I had a look at the Internet. I had a few emails. I was told about job opportunities in Croydon and Brighton. Netflix had told me about their latest offerings, and I had several messages about new geocaches. There had been issues with a nearby series and so someone replaced a third of their caches on that series with new ones. But only a third. Why not replace the lot and give us all a new walk? And as I scoffed an email came in about another solitary cache that had been added into the middle of an existing route quite a long way from the road to Canterbury.
I suppose these might make for something to do before a late shift but I’d rather have a decent dog walk.
Talking of which I popped the leads onto the dogs and walked round to find "Daddy’s Little Angel TM", Sid and Pogo. With "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" at nursery (or “brat club” as it is known) we walked the wolf-pack out to McDonalds for a toffee latte. I shared a sausage and egg McMuffin with the dogs. It didn’t go very far.
We came home, and I spent a little while in the garden. Together with "My Boy TM", I fixed the fence just before Christmas. Today I made a start at fixing the fixing. With the soil now settled I was able to put the anti-weed membranes back in place and put the edging stones back. However I didn’t re-gravel as I had been planning to. I needed more brindle chippings. I was sure I had loads of spare brindle chippings. I could remember putting them into the red garden bin and I could remember having spare bags of the things. But the red garden bin was empty and there were no bags of chippings to be found.. I shall have to get some on the way to work tomorrow.
I did put the new fluorescent tube into the pond filter. I was going to clean the filter out; it looks like I cleaned it out when I turned it off in the autumn. That saved a smelly job. So with some time spare I mowed the lawn and then came inside.

I hoovered whilst the dogs barked at shadows, then over lunch I watched a film on Netflix. “10 Cloverfield Lane” was odd. It started well; the first hour and a half were one of the best psychological thrillers I’ve ever seen. Without wishing to give the plot away, the last quarter of an hour was rather lame. It was as though the writers didn’t really know how to end the film, so they just played the end of another (utterly unrelated) film and hoped no one would notice what they had done.
​I then spent a while farting around with Google documents. I made something vaguely C.P.D.- related. You can see it here (not that I would bother looking), and then had a little shock. The USB cable I use to charge my phone and watch had been chewed. I hadn’t chomped on it. That leaves three suspects in the house and judging by the look of angelic innocence on the faces of my fur-babies, "er indoors TM" is the prime suspect. I suppose I should go shopping for a new cable; I’ll do it tomorrow when getting those chippings.

I woke the dogs, and we went round the park for a little walk. They like going out, and it is all good exercise. We hadn’t been home long when "er indoors TM" came home. We had a good bit off scoff then, being Tuesday, it was round to Chris’s for the gathering. Rather a good turn-out tonight. It was good to catch up and put the world to rights.

As we drove home it was hard to believe that only a week ago the snow had me stranded in Pembury…

No comments:

Post a Comment