29 January 2017 (Sunday) - Feeling Rough

I had another night of two halves; spending an hour wide awake watching telly in the small hours. The first series of “Chewing Gum” was rather good as I remember it. I watched the third episode of the second season at 3am this morning and it was a disappointment. I’ve always maintained that a good TV show doesn’t need to get the star’s tits out, and when the tits do come out then the writers are clearly struggling.

I struggled to get comfortable last night; for all that I can breathe better when sleeping sitting up, it does hurt my bum. I eventually got up at 9am; for all that this might sound a lie-in I had been coughing pretty much constantly since 6.30am.

"er indoors TM" boiled up some hot cross buns for brekkie, and then I spent a few moments writing up my CPD (it’s a work thing). In a previous life I used to do that on the night shifts, but I won’t be doing those for a little while.
I submitted reading for my leccie and gas meters; the power company had asked for them. And then we took the dogs round the park. We did our usual circuit; what with working days and dark evenings we’ve not been round the park for a while; I’ve quite missed the place.

We came home, and slobbed about for a bit. I played “Gems and Genies” whilst "er indoors TM" played some game which involved banishing a “rascal penguin”. The "Furry Shark TM" dozed, and "Furry Face TM" randomly barked at anything which took his fancy. We made a flying visit to the tip, then went round to see "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". We watched all sorts of nonsense on the telly, the dogs ran riot, and Sam cooked up a rather good roast dinner. After dinner we had muffins baked by my grandson. He makes a good cake.
It was only a shame that I felt so grim; but I think we’ve all got this bug.

Today was very much a lazy day. I didn’t really do very much at all and still I feel worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment