28 January 2016 (Saturday) - Brenchley

Last night I wrapped myself in my alpaca poncho, attached an inflatable neck pillow and my CPAP machine and had a go at sleeping sitting up. It was a partial success; I didn’t sleep any longer but when I woke in the small hours I didn’t feel anywhere near so rough. As the world slept I watched an episode of “The Crystal Maze” and an episode of “Star Trek” then went back to sitting-up sleep. I got another couple of hours of shut-eye and again woke snotty, but not as grim as I have been these last few mornings.

Over brekkie I had a look-see on-line. John Hurt had died overnight. He’s one celebrity of whom I had heard. He was in “Alien” and “Doctor Who” and all sorts of things over the years but I got the news via the news channels. Unlike last year, only a few people had picked up on it on social media. Hopefully last year’s mass hysteria about the death of celebrities has run its course.
I also saw that the Spanish government wants to start talks with the British government about trade deals as soon as possible, regardless of the fact that legally they can’t.
I’ve always felt that we *shouldn’t* have a second Brexit referendum as the decision has been made, but more and more I’m coming to the conclusion that everyone involved needs to start again and decide exactly *what* is involved with Brexit. It certainly seems to be being made up as things go along.

We got the leads on to the dogs, and drove out to Brenchley. Today was the monthly geo-meet, and a little series of geocaches had gone live in the area. A general invitation had gone out to anyone who fancied a walk, and a dozen of us met up in the pub car park and went for a stroll.
I must admit I’d been wondering if I should have cried off; this cold has rather taken it out of me, and the weather hasn’t been good this week, but I was glad that I went. The sun shone and it was a bright warm morning. Geocache-wise the walk was excellent; a well-marked route of a couple of miles with a variety of caches and hides. Being the first bunch out our group got several First to Finds, and I got three of them myself.

We got back to the cars, changed out of muddy boots, and went for a beer or two. The Halfway House in Brenchley had eight ales on; all poured from the barrel. Not too shabby. I had four pints with my ham and eggs, and slept much of the way home, and slept for much of the rest of the afternoon.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a pizza and went off to film night. I ironed shirts and felt ill. I might have another early night…

No comments:

Post a Comment