19 January 2017 (Thursday) - Between the Last Night Shifts

I had a surprisingly busy night at work last night; I was glad to see the relief arrive at 8am. As I drove home the pundits on the radio were talking about the Prime Minister's decision to go for a "hard" Brexit as though that was in any way surprising. Having had a vote to leave the EU how could any Prime Minister consider any sort of Brexit which would leave us still beholden to European law.
Whether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen. Personally I have reservations bearing in mind the amount of “big name” firms that are relocation from London into mainland Europe, but time will tell. It always does.
I soon tired of the drivel on the radio; I'd been listening to it all night so I switched to my Roy Orbison CD that I'd bought on Morrisons last night.

As I drove I got a message from "Daddy’s Little Angel TM". She and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" were planning on walking down to Park Farm to collect the latest bargain she’d bought from one of these Facebook selling pages. Did I want to walk with her?
So I got the dogs and we walked down to Poppy Mead. Poppy Mead? – no we had no idea where it was either. Bearing in mind how successful our phones have been in sat-nav mode we thought we’d get them to guide us. Utter disaster. I’ve never used walking mode on my phone before and probably never will again. It didn’t help that the phone obviously didn’t know any of the cut-throughs round Park Farm. But if all else fails, ask passers-by.

We came home to find the postman had been. I had the annual mortgage statement.  I must admit that getting the mortgage paid is my biggest worry. If all goes tits up (again) I would like to have the house paid off as a fall-back position (if you know what I mean). It turns out we now only owe a shade under seven thousand pounds. *Only*... I wish I could pay that off here and now.
Mind you I had a letter from the KnowHow people. They’d closed the account that I mentioned the other day and ever refunded me with eighteen quid. That was a result.

I spend the afternoon asleep, and now I’m off to the last night shift (and last of any shift) with my current employer. It feels like the end of an era… It also feels rather tired….

No comments:

Post a Comment