21 January 2017 (Saturday) - Dog Reunion



It is *just* possible that I might have had too much to drink last night, I rarely get hangovers but I felt like death warmed up this morning.
Over brekkie I had a look-see on-line. A lot of people were grumbling about Donald Trump’s being sworn in at the President of the USA; there were calls to run the election again because obviously the wrong choice had been made. Others were defending the chap as he would be good for British businesses. Personally I’m of the opinion of letting him prove himself before condemning him out of hand. But I would say that for me he would have to prove himself in more ways that just being good for business. The greed for money is pretty much at the root of all the world’s ills.

"er indoors TM" went off to collect "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM". We then all drove up to the fields by the rugby club for something of a family reunion. There had been a meet-up arranged for the puppy’s mother, father and some of her brothers and sisters. There were lots of people, and even more dogs. We had a really good time, but looking back not a lot really happened. We all stood around whilst various dogs did “dog things”. Other dog-walkers joined in, and we spent over an hour generally having canine mayhem. Eventually it got too cold to stand about so we came home for a warming cuppa. Once home I made a video out of the photos I’d taken earlier. It didn’t take long; I moth do that more often.

I had a rather lazy afternoon. "er indoors TM" then set off to the climbing afternoon that had been planned. I could have gone along but I didn’t. I could also have gone to an astro-observing evening. I didn’t. Instead I spent the rest of the day watching rubbish on the telly and feeling ill. Much as I like a booze-up I have to question the logic of spending a fortune just to make myself feel ill. I still felt rough at 8pm…

No comments:

Post a Comment